nUUbie! collaboration videos

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Just a thought (I have a lot of those...not always great).

There are some here that probably don't sing because either they don't like to or can't (that last one would be me) but who can bang out a mighty tune on the Uke (that last one wouldn't be me).

There are also some of you with awesome voices, but who maybe aren't comfortable with playing and singing at the same time.

How about some of you pair up (or even threesomes!), one record a video or audio of a song on Uke, mail it to the singer who can then lay the vocals on top.

Ok, so I haven't really though too hard about how to do this, but it's possible, and maybe those of us who can't do either can splice the two together.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
I'm interested. I can sing or play basic chords pretty cleanly - but doing them at the same time makes both suffer. I would love to lay down tracks in Garageband or Audacity or some other sound program like that. :)

Great idea! How about we make that one of the challenges in the future?

Hey Mandy, you aren't too far from me. We could join forces in the future!

Have you checked out the Dayton group? Sadly Columbus is not so active :(

Yes I have been to 2 meetings and I loved it! I missed the last because of a bridal shower. I will be going on saturday. You should check out the dayton group if you can.
I am always up for a jam session. :)

You never know, the UU forum may give rise to the next Civil Wars! (the band that is, not the one where the North and South fight over ownership of the recipe for deep fried chicken seasoning, or whatever it was about).

This sounds like a GREAT idea for a nuubie challenge. I am happy to help out on the singing end of things. Anyone need an alto voice?

As for execution, it would probably be best to record video for the ukulele part first and then have the vocalist sing and record a video separately. You can sync them up in editing and do a split screen video.

Top Bottom