Should I get the Kala Ka Slng?

Imonmusic

Reaction score
I was on HMS website and I saw the Kala Ka Slng. I really like the look of it and the fact that its a soprano and has a concert neck. I saw only one video of it though, and Im not sure if it's that good if I only heard it once.

Also, how loud is a soprano? My friend and I want to buy ukes and go out and make money, so is a soprano good for singing in the street? Or should I just get a concert? Im a little unsure about a concert because they are more expensive, I want to buy one from HMS. The Makala is cheap but I don't like it as much as the Slng or the Kala Ka C. The Kala concert is 105 while the Makala is 73.

So Im really settled on two options: the Kala ka slng (88.00) which has the bright soprano tone and the concert neck, or the more expensive Kala ka c (105.00) which still has a bright tone, louder volume.

The thing that is really making me have a hard time is the loudness and the price.

Listen to this

and this

Best advice is to get yourself to a store that has both ukes and listen and play them side by side. Then decide which one you like better.

Top Bottom