London girls - another song from our weekly jam

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
Hi all, well here is another song from our weekly uke jam this was from tonight's session.
An old Chas n' Dave classic,hope you enjoy and thanks for watching.

nice one, Dave! You guys rockneyed right along on that one - really solid strum and strong vocals..... it's gotta a beat - I can dance to it! Makes me wanna pull up a chair and open a beer and start playing along.....

Nice playing UkuleleDaveey
Ah Those good old boys Chaz n Dave
I actually remember them weren't they on Top of the Pops

Last edited:
Thanks all for viewing and your feedback, greatly appreciated from me and my pal Simon
Thanks Patrick :)
Thanks Skidoo : your continued encouragement means alot, loved the video of the brady bunch at UWC, you guys were great, and there is always a chair and a beer for you mate and a spare uke :)
Thanks Cam : you continue to give me support and encouragement to, really appreciate it mate, thanks so so much.
Thanks Drew/Loonie : one of my early records was chas and dave, my parents got me a LP i still have it and my sisiter got me "Aint no pleasing you" which sounds awesome on the uke, i havent taped it yet, i shall soon. Yeah they were on TOTP a few times they had quite a few hits over the years, shame they are spurs supporters though , chas lives close by to me in a neighbouring village.
Thanks Ralf : cheers man, very nice to get some feedback from such a cool and great uke player like yourself,thanks so much ralf, hey your day in the life has to be up there as one of the most awesome.
Anyways thanks so much it really does mean alot to me when you such nice and encouraging words, it helps withthe old belief with carrying on with this journey of learning the uke.

As a lifelong hammer ...I should not entertain this, but I can't help it , my foots tapping away and it's bringing about plenty of great memories of the eighties...you fellas have gotta post (there ain't no pleasing you) that's a quality tune.
I best go and wash my mouth out with soap now....I hate tottenham and there chewy faced manager.....
Great work

As a lifelong hammer ...I should not entertain this, but I can't help it , my foots tapping away and it's bringing about plenty of great memories of the eighties...you fellas have gotta post (there ain't no pleasing you) that's a quality tune.
I best go and wash my mouth out with soap now....I hate tottenham and there chewy faced manager.....
Great work
He he he :agree: me to , it pains me to play them, I used to be a gooner, fell out of love with footie now, always had a soft spot for the hammers, i got thrown out of upton park once and tony cottee had to wait to take a penalty as i was frog marched behind the goal, i was only 15 :) those were the days :)
We do "Aint no pleasin you " another great tune by the scummie boys lol i have it on 7 inch vinyl will try and record it next week, maybe i should wear a gooner shirt when we do it and shout out "mind the gap " "we hate tottenham and we hate tottenham, we are the tottenham haters " :)

Keep coming back to this one, and smiling ear to ear mate. Ear to ear.
All this talk of Footie...maybe a season is coming of this? I am an American...but

Keep coming back to this one, and smiling ear to ear mate. Ear to ear.
All this talk of Footie...maybe a season is coming of this? I am an American...but

many thanks TCK :) glad you like it, wow . It is a nice easy tune to learn, the tricky part is getting the words in, took us a while , there is still a couple of places we slip up :)anyway thanks so much for your kind words, if you want the chords i will try to find them i have a song sheet for london girls somewhere :) hope your havin a good weekend, all the best from me

Top Bottom