Just got my Kamaka HF-3 Tenor with a Five.0 Pickup - very pleased

lambchop

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my Kamaka HF-3 Tenor with a LR Baggs Five.0 pickup system installed. Got if from Hawaii Music Supply and am very pleased with it in every way. Everything about it is great, even the cool Kamaka case. The Five.0 system is wonderful - very true sound an no extraneous handling noise. If you want to see the exact one I ordered, it is still pictured on the Hawaii Music Supply site (link below). I am particularly found of the somewhat diagonal pattern of the bookmatched Koa. While I am not the least surprised, it is amazing how a quality instrument really helps your playing!

http://www.theukulelesite.com/kamaka-hf-3-tenor-ukulele.html

Mike

That is a beauty! I love the dark grain in the koa. You will have many years of enjoyment with that HF-3.

Very Nice, enjoy

Congratulations! That's a beauty.... Betcha fall in love...

Wow...you got the one on HMS display...Congratulations!

Thanks everyone. By the way, I forgot to note in my original post how great Andrew and MGM and Joel and Zach were to work with. It's an honor enough to have a Kamaka, but to have one from HMS is extra special.

Pretty uke. You'll love it. My Kamaka tenor is a keeper for sure. The pickup sounds like a nice add too.

Aloha,
Congrats on that awesome Kamaka and yes, getting from HMS is a big plus.......................BO.................

How did you come to decide on that particular pick up over the options out there? I've been thinking about installing one in my HF-3, but can't decide on which pick up.

Lambchop,
Gorgeous Kamaka. How much extra for 5-0 installation?

I just plugged my HF-3 with the 5.0 in last night and it sounds great. My price for pickup and installation from a local luthier was around $200.

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your new friend. I'm sure you'll be very happy together!

Kathryn

Top Bottom