17th season of the ukulele...

thesillydave

Reaction score
Results for the17th season of the ukulele...

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL
Hey there Seasonistas! well, i figured it was time to tweak the challenge!

PARAMETERS:
* your song must be about and/ or mention an animal in it somewhere
* ukulele front and center
* state in your clip that the recording is for the "17th season of ukulele"
* multiple versions of the same song are OK * one take, no overdubs....and now, the twist....
on your honor, it has to be your first take!
practice all you want, but when you start to record, that's it!
if you mess up, carry on! pretend like it is a live performance! HAVE FUN WITH IT!

JUDGING CRITERIA:
points awarded in the following criteria:

* Playing /10
* Singing /10
* Overall performance: your ability to sell the song (camera presence; personality; creative flair; x-factor etc...) /10
* Set and Costume /10 * Recovery and/ or the ability to make it through in your first and only take /10
for a total score out of a possible 50 points from each judge. We will collate our scores for final results.
JUDGES:
myself, my wife, and guest judges, the members of Mountain Sprout, a band that is based out of my town, i'll post links later.
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM HAWAII TIME, SUNDAY JUNE 16TH.

PRIZES:
1ST PLACE: A 1950'S HARMONY SOPRANO UKULELE + A T-SHIRT FROM MOUNTAIN SPROUT
2ND PLACE: A HIGHLY COLLECTABLE T-SHIRT FROM MY RESTAURANT, SPARKY'S ROADHOUSE CAFE + A STICKERS FROM MOUNTAIN SPROUT
3RD PLACE: STICKERS FROM MOUNTAIN SPROUT AND SPARKY'S
THEIR MIGHT BE MORE PRIZES LATER! STAY TUNED!

Last edited:
no twisting... ie. the dance, unless you must...i hear it's a great cardio workout..and good for lower back pains... no twister, well maybe, that's an idea.....no twizzler's, no naughtiness...well, maybe a little..he he!
hopefully you'll find this 'twist' challenging...maybe annoying...i'm just glad i won't have to participate! i'd fail!
and we have guest judge's as well! a progressive folk /psycho-billy/ band that is touring the country but based from my little town of eureka springs, mountain sprout!
i'll post links to their site and some of their songs.
more tomorrow!!! let's have fun! let's uke!
just uping the ante...making us all better players...pushing us forward....like this whole seasons have done!
i hope you all will embrace it and rise as you have all done so far!
and there will be prizes!

Last edited:
aaaargh, just what have you got in store for us brother...the suspense is killing me...off to make some popcorn :p

'a litle twist'...what, like a knife into an open wound? :)

Psychobilly? I am all ears (and smiles)...god, I still gotta get my entry for 16 in- where did this week go?

Giddy-up! Good one. The twist is brutal though for us 20 takers...prepare to witness chaos!
thanks

Thanks for the competition Silly Dave
MMmmmMMmm animals, One and only one Take MMmmMMmm
Fluff up and keep playing.
Sounds like my Kinda contest

Oh, I am soooooo doomed. But I think I will try to find time to give it a try.

Oh boy... Ohhhhh boy...

Top Bottom