Electric Fluke w/ Pickup and no hole

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Has anyone played this fluke? It looks like a regular fluke but doesn't have a hole and has a pickup. It's not a solid body fluke as it's hollow inside just like a regular fluke.

The volume is soft since it doesn't have a hole and I assume it's discountinued since I don't see it on the website.

I saw it at a store and wondering what everyone thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGer4SIngto

Has anyone played this fluke? It looks like a regular fluke but doesn't have a hole and has a pickup. It's not a solid body fluke as it's hollow inside just like a regular fluke.

The volume is soft since it doesn't have a hole and I assume it's discountinued since I don't see it on the website.

I saw it at a store and wondering what everyone thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGer4SIngto

Comment deleted.

Last edited:
I played one at MagicFluke last year - It may have been a prototype, as the Fireflys were. Dale told me that it had been completed the day before I was there.

Didn't play it for long - it was VERY heavy (Solid hunk o' wood body!), and I didn't have a strap. I have a hearing problem, and it was completely inaudible without an amp.

Plugged in, it was decent, but the strings were brand new and still stretching.

I only played it for about 5 minutes, because of the weight, and I had only been playing a few months at that point, and decided I didn't need an electric uke. (Even though the Fluke I bought has a pickup, I've only plugged it in once, and that was to see if it worked.)

It is still listed in the Magic Fluke/ Flea Market Music catalog, for $395.

-Kurt​

Not played one but they are still available. Southern ukulele in UK stock them. I'd wager they sound like an Eleuke.

I played one at MagicFluke last year - It may have been a prototype, as the Fireflys were. Dale told me that it had been completed the day before I was there.

Didn't play it for long - it was VERY heavy (Solid hunk o' wood body!), and I didn't have a strap. I have a hearing problem, and it was completely inaudible without an amp.

Plugged in, it was decent, but the strings were brand new and still stretching.

I only played it for about 5 minutes, because of the weight, and I had only been playing a few months at that point, and decided I didn't need an electric uke. (Even though the Fluke I bought has a pickup, I've only plugged it in once, and that was to see if it worked.)

It is still listed in the Magic Fluke/ Flea Market Music catalog, for $395.
-Kurt​

Kurt, The Fluke in the video is not a Fluke SB. I've never seen a fluke without a sound hole. It may be an attempt at reducing feedback problems on stage without having the heavy Fluke SB on a strap.:2cents:

I suspect the top was replaced. It looks to me like it may be carbon fiber.

Scooter

Top Bottom