riselonia uke. Anybody know anything about them?

ukeboy64

Reaction score
Hi fellow pluckers,

Just bough a risolonia banjo uke on ebay. I tried looking for some info on it, but came up blank apart from the fact that it may be German.
Its just under 2 foot long, about 10 inces wide with 12 tensioners and has a birds eye maple back. Any info gratefully recieved!

thanks,

Sean

PS it sounds very different to my Mainland mango tenor!

everything I know is in my Database
Riselonia were a German maker in business from the beginning of the 20th century and possibly earlier I have seen some circa 1900 Riselonia Banjos suggesting they may have been made as early as 1895. They survived ww1 but appear to have gone before ww2 I know they made other instruments as well, you see Banjos and Mandolins, and they made very early record players too. I can't find out anything like, where in Germany they were based, (and remember Germany had different borders then to now so it could have been in what is now Poland or the Czech Republic) when they started or what finally happened to them - I would guess from the stopping of output they were a casualty of the German hyper inflation period of the late 20's but this is just a guess.

Top Bottom