Finally bought my first Ukulele today

bodhran

Reaction score
Today I finally bought my first ukulele. I was going to spend more but an unexpected bill happened so I will have to start saving over again.

In the meantime i have bought a Makala dolphin. Although I am no position to comment on its abilities as yet but it seems fine to me and i am impressed with what my £26 got me.

The shop had sold out of aquilla strings so they are putting a packet by for me from their next delivery. They have said they will fit the strings for me when they arrive and do a setup on the dolphin at the same time.

Sweet, that'll keep you busy for a bit while you figure out your next purchase!

Cool. Hope you enjoy your new dolphin. It's nearly as much fun planning for that next instrument (ukulele) purchase, as it is getting it. Hope it's a short wait for you. In the meantime, enjoy your new uke and have fun.

That's great! Dolphins are fun little guys; I have three. Which color did you get?

Congratulations and welcome to the pod! (isn't that what they call a gang of dolphins?) The one I bought is with my nephews and they love it!

I am just amazed that a musical instrument can be sold for the price of a 'toy'. £26 for a playable ukulele! The one i bought was green. I did not choose it because of the colour. I went to the shop with someone who plays the ukulele (I saw him at a local folk festival and got talking about ukulele's. By chance I 'bumped' into him in town - told him I was going to buy a cheap ukulele and he offered to go to the shop with me) and he checked through the dolphins they had in stock and picked out what he considered the best of the bunch.

Well, that's the best way to do it - get the best of the bunch (pod). And green is cool! Come to think of it, maybe I should get a green one to keep in my office, since I'm a pharmacist and green is the official color of pharmacy. (Okay, how many of you already knew that green is the official color of pharmacy?)

Kathryn

The de facto best starter uke there is. No doubt in my mind. Despite me owning a stable of ukes, a dolphin is a must own.

congratulations bodhran, great choice of uke, they are great little ukes wait until you get the aquilas on it, it will amaze you m8 for the price as has been stated 'everyone should have one'

Congratulations, and welcome to the fold! Green is a great color, it's the color of money and trees, baby! My Dolphin is red, my GF bought it for me for Christmas, it matched my red scooter.
Hmmmm Christmas, green - red.... now I have a new decorating idea for December!
Enjoy your Dolphin...

Congrats on your first uke! Dolphins are wonderful and fun budget ukuleles. We have two in our family.

Just played my first ukulele tune using chillimonster's online tutorial. Very basic but it felt great to be able to get a tune out of the instrument.

Top Bottom