PDA

View Full Version : Lost Wallet at NYC UkeFest

Olarte
06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, me and my best friends had a very nice time at the Uke Fest in NYC, until this afternoon.

That is when I realized that My wallet was gone. I'm not implying ANYTHING negative about this great event, but it was quite upsetting to find it missing.

I had hoped that I had left it "home" at my friends but no such luck.

I was able to cancel my credit cards right away, and call my bank etc... but that cut our attendance short because of that.

I refuse to let this ruin my weekend, so we still had a nice time at dinner, and we hope that someone out there is kind enough to return my wallet to my home address.

We still had a great time, and I cannot\will not let this spoil the Aloha Spirit of the the Uke!

njukeman
06-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Damn that sucks. I hate the feeling you get when you realize it's gone. It's happened to me on a few occations. Glad to see you're not letting it get you down though. Good luck, I hope it turns up!

Olarte
06-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Thanks NJUkeman.

Yes it sucks but I'm very happy that I did not let it ruin a great weekend with my friends who I've known since I was 14... and I'm now 50.

After all it's only a wallet, and I quickly notified the two credit companies. I did loose the cash that I had for the trip but again, it's only cash.

and so it goes...

Markr1
06-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Olarte, you must be a really good person. If it were me I would have been completely upset and it would have ruined my whole weekend. I applaud you for that. It just shows that things can happen to you and you move on regardless. I'm glad you still had a good time.

Olarte
06-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Very happy to post this update:

(from my facebook page)

Gotta share an interesting story. I attended the Uke Festival in NYC last weekend at the NY Ethical Society.

I lost my wallet there (out of all places at the ehtical society building!)....

well I called everything in etc... and lost the cash I had for the weekend...

Today I checked the mail and the wallet was in an US postoffice envelope with no return addresss, no cash but eveything else intact.

My most prized items still there are a corner of a dollar bill and two pictures that my wife gave me around our wedding day 22 years ago!

Ah life is good when things like this turn out well!

GinnyT11
06-15-2012, 10:14 AM
What a great turn of events! You've got a good attitude AND good karma!
Someday soon you'll find a way to pass on the good deed to someone else.

Olarte
06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks, I do believe in karma, and as for deeds...

I had such a good time playing uke with my best friend's 12 year old, that I sent he the flea I had that she loved so much when I got home.

She will be getting it any minute this afternoon ;)

There is something very special about gifting a ukulele!

And so it goes...

What a great turn of events! You've got a good attitude AND good karma!
Someday soon you'll find a way to pass on the good deed to someone else.