PDA

View Full Version : New Format Sucks

Pukulele Pete
06-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Well , ........it does .

Tack
06-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Well , ........it does .

The old "what's new" format is still available. On almost every page under "what's new" is "new posts" . That is the old format...:D

Pukulele Pete
06-10-2012, 02:02 AM
It's not the same on my computer. New posts will only go back one page. I feel like they've jumped the shark. Ok now I've found it. Maybe they didnt jump anything. I'm old and dont like some changes but I guess I'll get used to it.

Nickie
06-10-2012, 04:39 AM
I don't see much difference.

23skidoo
06-10-2012, 04:41 AM
took me a minute to find it, too...... and I'm not old, just relieved.... I don't like change either....

It's not the same on my computer. New posts will only go back one page. I feel like they've jumped the shark. Ok now I've found it. Maybe they didnt jump anything. I'm old and dont like some changes but I guess I'll get used to it.

Nickie
06-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh, I found it. It's okay, I guess. Life is about change, right?

Markr1
06-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Something odd happened to my profile page after they updated the site yesterday. When I go to my profile page now it has all the posts that my friends on my friends list have commented on. I like my friends but I don't know that I want to see everything they post on automatically every time I go to my page. I don't know if this is something I did by accident or something they did after updating the site. Funny that it didn't happen till after they updated the site.

consitter
06-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Something odd happened to my profile page after they updated the site yesterday. When I go to my profile page now it has all the posts that my friends on my friends list have commented on. I like my friends but I don't know that I want to see everything they post on automatically every time I go to my page. I don't know if this is something I did by accident or something they did after updating the site. Funny that it didn't happen till after they updated the site.

Same here Mark.

Markr1
06-10-2012, 06:14 AM
I wonder what's up with that? By the way I love your new sig Kentucky Jelly. That's great.
Same here Mark.

janeray1940
06-10-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm not thrilled with the "activity stream" bit, neither on the regular pages or my profile page. I mean, whatever, I'll get used to it, but really - does everything have to imitate Facebook?

FWIW, even the bug-tracking site my company uses for business now has an "activity stream" where I see every comment everybody in my department makes to everybody else, complete with anime-like avatars. It's as if everything Internet has been taken over by high-school girls!

Markr1
06-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Also about a week ago I deleted about 12 people and left the ones I really wanted on my friends list or my page would be completely full of posts. All the ones i deleted i really didnt have any contact with anyway. A couple of weeks ago i made a comment about pohos which i still really dont know what they are other then from what ive read they like to post a lot just to be posting. One female poho commented back that a lot of my friends on my friends list were pohos so i immediately went to my list and started deleting except as i said the ones i really consider my friends on here. And if some of the ones left on my list are pohos then so be it i like them regardless.
Same here Mark.

Freeda
06-10-2012, 06:57 AM
I'm not thrilled with the "activity stream" bit, neither on the regular pages or my profile page. I mean, whatever, I'll get used to it, but really - does everything have to imitate Facebook?

FWIW, even the bug-tracking site my company uses for business now has an "activity stream" where I see every comment everybody in my department makes to everybody else, complete with anime-like avatars. It's as if everything Internet has been taken over by high-school girls!

It changes the focus from topic-specific updates to just overall activity, which I don't think is a benefit. I'm not much for the "real time" effect either. I want to see what's going on in the topics I'm interested in.

uke4ia
06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Just use the "Forum" button to navigate instead of the "What's New" button, and you won't have to be burdened by the change at all.

bazmaz
06-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Can't say I even noticed a change!

luluwrites
06-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I didn't notice one either.

janeray1940
06-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Probably the only folks who will notice the change are those of us in the habit of going straight for the "Forum" and "New Posts" buttons - they've been bumped one space to the right by the "What's New" and "Activity Stream" buttons.

Darned muscle memory!

roxhum
06-10-2012, 10:25 AM
It's as if everything Internet has been taken over by high-school girls!

Oh Janeray thank you so very much the above comment. I am having a grumpy day and needed the laugh.

janeray1940
06-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh Janeray thank you so very much the above comment. I am having a grumpy day and needed the laugh.

Always happy to provide a laugh :) Hope you get some uke time in today to help with the grumpies!

gyosh
06-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't like the new change either, but with that said:

I still love all the UU peeps and I will be here despite not liking the changes . . . .

. . . and I LOVE what Ryan & Company do here for the ukulele community and all of us that use the site . . . . so that will be the last word from me on the new format!!!! :)

mm stan
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Everything still looks there...I wish the on the profile page the default was still first on visitors message though... overall it's fine with me....

emmaemme
06-10-2012, 12:36 PM
...sucks even worse on a smartphone. Streams? Seriously? :facepalm:

chindog
06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Activity stream as the default option?

http://www.greendogpetsupply.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/do-not-want-dog.jpg

ksiegel
06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
took me a minute to find it, too...... and I'm not old, just relieved.... I don't like change either....

Change isn't bad - but paper money is better... especially in the tip jar.

-Kurt