New Format Sucks

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Well , ........it does .

Well , ........it does .

The old "what's new" format is still available. On almost every page under "what's new" is "new posts" . That is the old format...:D

It's not the same on my computer. New posts will only go back one page. I feel like they've jumped the shark. Ok now I've found it. Maybe they didnt jump anything. I'm old and dont like some changes but I guess I'll get used to it.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference.

took me a minute to find it, too...... and I'm not old, just relieved.... I don't like change either....

It's not the same on my computer. New posts will only go back one page. I feel like they've jumped the shark. Ok now I've found it. Maybe they didnt jump anything. I'm old and dont like some changes but I guess I'll get used to it.

Something odd happened to my profile page after they updated the site yesterday. When I go to my profile page now it has all the posts that my friends on my friends list have commented on. I like my friends but I don't know that I want to see everything they post on automatically every time I go to my page. I don't know if this is something I did by accident or something they did after updating the site. Funny that it didn't happen till after they updated the site.

Something odd happened to my profile page after they updated the site yesterday. When I go to my profile page now it has all the posts that my friends on my friends list have commented on. I like my friends but I don't know that I want to see everything they post on automatically every time I go to my page. I don't know if this is something I did by accident or something they did after updating the site. Funny that it didn't happen till after they updated the site.

Same here Mark.

I'm not thrilled with the "activity stream" bit, neither on the regular pages or my profile page. I mean, whatever, I'll get used to it, but really - does everything have to imitate Facebook?

FWIW, even the bug-tracking site my company uses for business now has an "activity stream" where I see every comment everybody in my department makes to everybody else, complete with anime-like avatars. It's as if everything Internet has been taken over by high-school girls!

Also about a week ago I deleted about 12 people and left the ones I really wanted on my friends list or my page would be completely full of posts. All the ones i deleted i really didnt have any contact with anyway. A couple of weeks ago i made a comment about pohos which i still really dont know what they are other then from what ive read they like to post a lot just to be posting. One female poho commented back that a lot of my friends on my friends list were pohos so i immediately went to my list and started deleting except as i said the ones i really consider my friends on here. And if some of the ones left on my list are pohos then so be it i like them regardless.
Same here Mark.

I'm not thrilled with the "activity stream" bit, neither on the regular pages or my profile page. I mean, whatever, I'll get used to it, but really - does everything have to imitate Facebook?

FWIW, even the bug-tracking site my company uses for business now has an "activity stream" where I see every comment everybody in my department makes to everybody else, complete with anime-like avatars. It's as if everything Internet has been taken over by high-school girls!

It changes the focus from topic-specific updates to just overall activity, which I don't think is a benefit. I'm not much for the "real time" effect either. I want to see what's going on in the topics I'm interested in.

Just use the "Forum" button to navigate instead of the "What's New" button, and you won't have to be burdened by the change at all.

Can't say I even noticed a change!

I didn't notice one either.

Probably the only folks who will notice the change are those of us in the habit of going straight for the "Forum" and "New Posts" buttons - they've been bumped one space to the right by the "What's New" and "Activity Stream" buttons.

Darned muscle memory!

Oh Janeray thank you so very much the above comment. I am having a grumpy day and needed the laugh.

Always happy to provide a laugh :) Hope you get some uke time in today to help with the grumpies!

I don't like the new change either, but with that said:

I still love all the UU peeps and I will be here despite not liking the changes . . . .

. . . and I LOVE what Ryan & Company do here for the ukulele community and all of us that use the site . . . . so that will be the last word from me on the new format!!!! :)

Everything still looks there...I wish the on the profile page the default was still first on visitors message though... overall it's fine with me....

Last edited:
Top Bottom