New Fluke Uke on the way.

Markr1

Reaction score
I'm happy to announce I will soon be the proud owner of a walnut tenor fluke with rosewood fretboard and gigbag. I just bought it from FMM and can't wait for it to get here. I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
Thanks to many for opening my eyes on this great forum. I am very happy that I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.
Thank you all.

Congrats Bruddah Mark on pulling the trigger on a walnut tenor fluke w/rosewood fretboard!:cheers: You won't be disappointed.

Great choice Mark. No doubt it will look and sound wonderful. :)

Thank you. I know I'm going to just love it with all I've recently heard from owners of it.
Congrats Bruddah Mark on pulling the trigger on a walnut tenor fluke w/rosewood fretboard!:cheers: You won't be disappointed.

Nice choice. Looking forward to the pics and video.

You are gonna wonder why you hesitated about the price once you carry it around with you everywhere.

Incredibly durable and troublefree uke!!!

I'm super excited about it now. Soon I'll know what all the great hype is about it. Thank you.
You are gonna wonder why you hesitated about the price once you carry it around with you everywhere.

Incredibly durable and troublefree uke!!!

Congrats!
The waiting begins.............

The waiting is the hardest part. Congrats!
-joe

Whoo hoo! Congratulations! :D

I just got my shipping notice on my new Fluke. It will be here the 22nd. 2 more days. I can't wait to try it out.

Hi Mark

I'm glad you got the rosewood fret board. I was at the music store killing time as I was getting a couple of strap buttons installed and I tried three Flukes today (2 Plastic, 1 Wood). The one with the Rosewood fret boards sounded so much better to my ear. I didn't believe it so I picked up another plastic fretboard fluke to compare and it still sounded dull compared to the rosewood one. I noticed the saddle is different on the rosewood as well. I hope you like it!!

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, I'm glad you liked the wood fretboard better. To me it was a no brainer either wood fretboard or nothing. I still can't get myself to even consider the plastic fretboard. I know a lot disagree but that's just my thoughts on it.
Hi Mark

I'm glad you got the rosewood fret board. I was at the music store killing time as I was getting a couple of strap buttons installed and I tried three Flukes today (2 Plastic, 1 Wood). The one with the Rosewood fret boards sounded so much better to my ear. I didn't believe it so I picked up another plastic fretboard fluke to compare and it still sounded dull compared to the rosewood one. I noticed the saddle is different on the rosewood as well. I hope you like it!!

Daniel

My fluke walnut tenor arrived today. I like the way it looks. It is a bit difficult to hold because it keeps wanting to slide forward on me. At first I wasn't sure about the sound but it is growing on me. I love the blue jean bag I got with it. It is fairly easy to play and the setup is nice on it. If I could just get it to stay in one place without it sliding around. I'll have to work on that part of it. I don't see any flaws on it. The walnut top on it looks good tho the walnut neck on it almost looks plastic on it tho I know it's not. The tunings seem to go out frequently on it tho I know the Aquilas are new on it and will take some time to settle in. It will be a nice uke to take places with me. I think I saw a thread on it where I think it was Lori of uke leash put some type of strips on the back of it so it doesn't slide around so much. I know the more I play it the more it will grow on me. All in all it seems like a nice uke and I would recommend it to others. I've been used to playing my Kamaka and Kanilea and Koalohas tho I know I can't compare it to them. For the price it's well worth it. I'm glad I bought it. Any help on how to hold it would be greatly appreciated. I've found one good way to play is to use the inside of my forearm over the bottom top edge of it helps but the edges which are higher then the top digs into my forearm which gets sore quickly. I have Lori's uke leash on the way so hoping that will help. Thanks for the help in choosing it. I'm going to let my 80 year old mother use it to start learning to play so wish her luck.

Last edited:
I just gave my mom her first uke lesson. Amazing grace a pretty basic song. She's doing pretty good for being 80 years old. The only problem is she has now taken over my new Fluke.lol.

Top Bottom