Little things mean a lot - Mya Moe Just Gets It! So, after playing the Queen (#700)

KimUke

Reaction score
for the past week and absolutely loving her - Hail the Queen - I decided to pull the trigger on another Mya Moe. This time, a Super Soprano that I've been wanting to add to my collection.

Anyway, while configuring the instrument on the website - where one selects wood type, faceplate, etc. ect., I went to indicate my shipping option and noticed a box for repeat customers. The cost - NO CHARGE.

I know that shipping charges are a small part of purchasing a custom ukelele - but this gesture (which I did not expect - and along with many others along the way) really demonstrates how Gordon and Char do the little things right and how they enhance the MM experience.

A bigger example is their sponsorship of the Langely Ukulele Ensemble -a gifted Ukulele each year - something they don't boast about - but that you discover when you are sensitive to the brand and are curious about how other folks discovered MM. Again, they don't market stuff like this - their happy customers are more than willing to spread the word.

Interestingly, after meeting several MM owners at NY UkeFest, I learned that every MM owner feels this way. Your experience is unique but the the overall experience (the Mya Moe Mojo) is the same. Everyone walks away feeling like the most important customer Mya Moe ever had.

So before I go on and on (and on and on) I'll just close by saying I love my Mya Moe and am as excited about designing the second one as I was by the first! I'm happy to be able to give my business to Char and Gordon because they make top notch instruments in a top notch way.

Hopefully, I won't drive these kind folks tooooo nuts when I second quess my self -- quadruple guess myself along the way. No matter, they'll just smile and try to please. It's what they do!

They're wonderfully nice folks who are doing a fantastic job keeping so many folks happy at the same time...!!! I second all of the positive comments and thoughts on Gordon, Char, and Aaron...!!!

Sounds like great marketing and customer service. You can't go wrong with that combination!!

Last edited:
What KimUke and WhenDogsSing said! I have two (a myrtle tenor tradition and a myrtle baritone classic) and I'm mulling a third (something in mango, maybe).

as a fellow MM owner and new york uker, can't agree enough. i don't want another ukulele. ever.

wow, is it possible to drown in good publicity??? Gordon and Char must be swimming for their lives right now. They sure have got their marketing as close to perfect as any business I ever saw. Good on em, they are great people and build great instruments.

Ya'll are killing me!!! My UAS is kicking in REAL bad!

Feeling quite smug about reserving a build spot fthis fall...

Now I just have to make difficult detail decisions! I'm going to make a pilgrimage in a few weeks to MM.

No, I'm not a Mya Moe owner. However I saw their ukuleles at Denver Uke Fest. They sound and look beautiful. Gordon, Char and Aaron were all there, too. They are all lovely people. I sure understand why MM owners feel so lucky.

Top Bottom