Got around to recording the Maton

webby

Reaction score
Sound was only captured on the webcam mic and I stuffed up here and there but the good bits give you an idea of this ukes potential.

sorry about the mistakes.

Wow, your uke sounds amazing and great playing. I assume it's a concert and it has a full, rich tone. I like the fact that guitar makers are moving on to ukes!!

Nice playing webby, the uke sounds fab. They have had one in our local music store for a few weeks now and I finally had a bash with it the other day too and loved it. Bit out of my price range but glad you're so pleased with it mate. A fine player needs a good instrument and you're a fine player
:cheers:

Great sounding uke, and nice playing too. What strings do you have on it? Aquila ?
Thanks for the sound samples.

Last edited:
Great sounding uke, and nice playing too. What strings do you have on it? Aquila ?
Thanks for the sound samples.

Yeh the standard concert aquila nylguts that came on it, I was looking to change to something a bit crisper but i'm starting to get the feel of this nice mellow rich mid tone thing and I have other trebley ukes so i'm starting to lean towards just letting this one open up the way it is and apply the appropriate technique to get the hig notes ringing, not blame the strings because the instrument will actually respond if you play it the way it needs and wants to be played.

does that make sense ?

Yeh the standard concert aquila nylguts that came on it, I was looking to change to something a bit crisper but i'm starting to get the feel of this nice mellow rich mid tone thing and I have other trebley ukes so i'm starting to lean towards just letting this one open up the way it is and apply the appropriate technique to get the hig notes ringing, not blame the strings because the instrument will actually respond if you play it the way it needs and wants to be played.

does that make sense ?

Absolutely.

Top Bottom