Bruko n 6 video very newbie

I wouldn't worry about being new you play better than I do and I've been trying to play these things since 2002! Glad to see another Bruko owner posting. Bruko will take over the world at this rate!

Nice! Yay, another Brüko!

thanks for the demo stevali, I sure preferred the bruko to the other uke. Louder, more resonant, better note separation, much more dynamic.

gee, have bruko got shares on the stock market????? he he

yey another bruko owner :) great video ,enjoyed it, do you still have the pyramid strings on the bruko ? they are a smashing little uke, i love mine just had it over a week now.
The Bruko numbers are rising :)

Every time I see someone singing the praises of the Bruko I head over to the website and stare for a bit. I've already decided on my next uke, but am always tempted by these.

yey another bruko owner :) great video ,enjoyed it, do you still have the pyramid strings on the bruko ? they are a smashing little uke, i love mine just had it over a week now.

If you have an option to choose between koaloha soprano long neck and only $100 more than the bruko long neck soprano, which one will you buy?

yeah gonna run them into the ground.

If you have an option to choose between koaloha soprano long neck and only $100 more than the bruko long neck soprano, which one will you buy?
Personally I would go with the Bruko, also you cannot say with a $100 dollar difference , because over here in the UK we dont pay the same prices as the States, we pay more, the exchange rate of currency doesnt come into it, also from outside of the european union we have to pay Value Added Tax and import duty on top of the retail price. Having never played a Koaloha i have no desire to play one, not saying that if someone gave me one I wouldnt want it, but not had the opportunity to play one, the only uke i achingly desire is a vintage Martin style O, thats my ultimate dream uke :)

Yes, like stated above, the Koaloha's are much more expensive in Europe; a longneck Koaloha would cost more than twice what a longneck Bruko costs here.

But I have played both of them, although briefly, and actually think I prefer the Bruko!
The Koaloha's sound is very good, and louder, but there are also much more chimey, almost glass-like overtones to it; which sounds very pretty, but can get a little grating in the long run.

The Bruko longneck has good volume too, but it sounds a bit more mellow, less brittle.
More like something made out of wood, whereas the Koaloha almost sounds like something made out of precious metals.

It's all a matter of taste though, of course.

Edit: sorry, got a bit distracted, but what I actually wanted to reply to was the video; that sounded really good!

Last edited:
Yes, like stated above, the Koaloha's are much more expensive in Europe; a longneck Koaloha would cost more than twice what a longneck Bruko costs here.

But I have played both of them, although briefly, and actually think I prefer the Bruko!
The Koaloha's sound is very good, and louder, but there are also much more chimey, almost glass-like overtones to it; which sounds very pretty, but can get a little grating in the long run.

The Bruko longneck has good volume too, but it sounds a bit more mellow, less brittle.
More like something made out of wood, whereas the Koaloha almost sounds like something made out of precious metals.

It's all a matter of taste though, of course.

Edit: sorry, got a bit distracted, but what I actually wanted to reply to was the video; that sounded really good!

Any soundsample for the longneck bruko soprano?

I don't play long neck soprano just a regular one but if I could find a KoAloha for just $100 more than a Bruko I'd jump on it! My No. 6 cost less than $200 with shipping. So yeah a new KoAloha for less than $300 including shipping let me know! On the other hand since I won't likely find that deal anywhere I think I'd take the Bruko. The price to quality ratio just can't be beat on Bruko. I can't seem to put my No. 6 down.

some really nice strumming going on there, love those ukes as well

Top Bottom