Kanile'a Premium Super Tenor - Stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
What: Kanile'a Premium Super Tenor with highly figured koa and UV gloss finish.

Condition: Excellent.

Issues:
There are a couple of micro-dings below the bridge. Also, I can feel, but not really see, a line in the clear coat where the fingerboard joins to the neck wood. It's not an issue and is barely noticeable, but -- LOL, I noticed it -- so I'll mention it.

Price, excluding shipping: $950 without case/ $1050 with case. The case, by the way, is a fantastic Reunion Blues case that not only protects the uke well, but converts to a backpack for easy traveling. I highly recommend buying it, but if you're trying to keep the cost down and you already have a spare case, then I'll double-box the uke for safe shipping. Please note that most standard tenor cases DO NOT fit the Super Tenor. You'll need a baritone case or possibly a soft mandolin case. The Reunion Blues case is superior for the Super Tenor.

Shipping:
Actual cost for shipping and insurance will be added.

Personal assessment of uke: This one's special! The wood is gorgeous. The finish really shows off the figure and protects the wood (the Kanile'a UV gloss is reputedly very durable). The Super Tenor body is regular tenor scale, but with a big lower bout that enhances bass and midrange. The wide string spacing is great for fingerpicking, but this uke is a great strummer too. Strum it softly and it hums; strum it aggressively, and it really projects. I've owned many tenors including customs, Martins, Gibson, Kamakas and other Kanile'as, and this one is better than all of them. This is also a great price. The Premium Super Tenor lists for $1589, and the Reunion Blues case for $150.

Reason I'm selling: If there was only one reason for me to sell this uke, I wouldn't do it! But there are three reasons, and combined, they're enough incentive for me to part with this beauty. First, I need the cash (I bought this uke recently from another UU member, but I put it on my credit card, and now the bill's come due. I didn't foresee that:p). Second, my musical explorations have been moving beyond ukulele lately, so I don't want to have so much space and money tied up in ukes. Third, even though I'll always be playing ukulele, I prefer my concert uke to tenors.

Please PM me with any questions. You can also email me directly (fix spam-proofing) at eightpaws (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, feel free to come by and check out this uke or send your friends to check it out for you. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Good luck with the sale, this won't last long. Huge bang for the buck, if I had not just bought my K2 I would be all over this one.

Boy, if it wasn't for those micro-dings I'd be all over this! Just kidding. Nice looker.

Hey Tommy...If it doesn't sell with the case, were you going to sell the case separately? That Reunion blues looks like a nice fit for that uke, and maybe even for a GL-6.

Wm.

Hey Tommy...If it doesn't sell with the case, were you going to sell the case separately? That Reunion blues looks like a nice fit for that uke, and maybe even for a GL-6.

Wm.

Hi Warndt. I hadn't thought that far ahead. I really don't have a use for the case, but I figured if it made the difference between someone being able to buy the uke or not, I'd make it optional. As for whether it would fit a GL-6, I'm not sure. Isn't the GL-6 a baritone-scale instrument? If it's longer than the Super Tenor, it might not fit the case; the Super Tenor just barely fits lengthwise.

Hi Tommy -

Let me know if the sale does not close - this is exactly the uke I am looking to purchase. (Oh, well, if it was a K-3 Super Tenor, even better, but pretty close)

Thanks.

- Rick G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom