Do you want to be a Ukulele Fighter?

UkeFC

Reaction score
A previous thread about ukulele apparel last year posed the question, "why aren't there any cool, non-corny, uke shirts?"

I wondered the same thing. I also wondered why everybody was wearing those hideous TapouT/Affliction fight shirts.

But rather than complain, I started a t-shirt line:

UKULELE FIGHTER (see signature).

As uke players, whether we're fighting for the respect of our instrument or fighting off the ladies with our sweet uke playing, we're always in battle. And what better way to go into battle than to be stylish!

I'd love you all to check it out and would love to hear any comments or criticism.

I pretty much agree with your general assessment that uke shirts tend to be corny and not very cool. There are, of course, some exceptions. "Ukulele fighter" in response to that view? To be honest, I don't really get the connection or concept. Others experience may be different but I've never had to fight for respect of the instrument and certainly, unfortunately, have never had to fight off the ladies. I guess I've never associated the uke with battle of any kind. I know you're presenting ukulele fighter with an eye toward humor and tongue in cheek or perhaps even irony but I still don't really get it. I like a lot of the graphics I saw. I'd like to see other concepts.

Last edited:
Strikes me as being just a punt by a generic t-shirt company trying to tap a different market. But then, I'm a cynic.

Nope I don't get it either. The uke shirts I wear include my own site, UU, my uke groups shirt and uke brand t shirts. Don't consider any of them corny, and I'm happy.

Don't get the fighter concept. Sorry.

Just to add though, I'm fairly sure direct promotion is also banned on the forum so I'd expect a mod along soon to close this one off.

I pretty much agree with your general assessment that uke shirts tend to be corny and not very cool. "Ukulele fighter" in response to that view? To be honest, I don't really get the connection or concept. Others experience may be different but I've never had to fight for respect of the instrument and certainly, unfortunately, have never had to fight off the ladies. I guess I've never associated the uke with battle of any kind. I know you're presenting ukulele fighter with an eye toward humor and tongue in cheek or perhaps even irony but I still don't really get it. I like a lot of the graphics I saw. I'd like to see other concepts.

Strikes me as being just a punt by a generic t-shirt company trying to tap a different market. But then, I'm a cynic.

Yes. How about making nicely designed shirts with ukuleles in them. Have you seen the Project Aloha shirts? those are awesome without pandering. Sorry for the negative feed back, but you asked for it.

Whah, wah... (sad trombone) for the Ukulele Fighter concept... hope for their sake they are printing on demand.

I am a huge fan of the UFC. I am a huge fan of the ukulele. I am even a huge fan of t-shirts. But I still would not buy or wear those shirts to be honest. I admire your entrepreneurial spirit though.

Also, be prepared for a claim letter from UFC's legal team...if this does ever take off

Unfortunately, I see a major flaw in your marketing...

The first rule of Ukulele Fight Club is: "Don't talk about Ukulele Fight Club"

So, if y'all wouldn't mind moving along now. Go on. Nothing to see here. Go back to your homes...

Uke fighter seems pretty corny to me. Sorry.

I do agree that people sporting a lot of Tap Out gear that don't do MMA is a little silly. I used to work in an office and there were a few guys that would rock Tap Out stuff on casual Friday. I started to talk to them about what MMA club they trained in. None of them trained. Seemed kinda dorky to me. One fellow was heavy set and had some serious man boobs (can I say that on this forum?). His Tap Out shirt read Taut... not flattering.

i dig that surfer-lele shirt (don't dig the fighter but i get it, gotta fight for your instrument)..... if i wasn't in a pinch i would buy it man!!

Biggest problem I see is that the words 'Ukulele' and 'Fighter' just don't sit right together. It's a contradiction, an oxymoron, the concept just runs against everything that the uke represents - love, aloha, sharing etc - to me anyway.

I kinda like the green one but I have no idea what the words mean. Personally, they're not something I'd wear but I could see them appealing to the teenage market perhaps.

I don't see it. Uke + fighting just doesn't compute to me. I think this whole thing is a conceptual failure.

I'm also a bit suspect when somebody's #1 post on UU is an attempt to sell me something....:uhoh:

Aside from suspicously spam-like smell of your first post I have to say that I find the idea of a ukulele fight club, and t-shirts relating to such, about as contrived and corny as anything could possibly be! So...in regards to supplying "non-corny" shirts I'd have to call this a massive fail...but have a nice day anyway. :)

John

Top Bottom