[Wanted] Tenor Solid Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechter

Reaction score
Looking to buy a solid wood tenor uke, sub $400 shipped. Please post pictures along with offers, a description of the ukulele, and your reason for deciding to sell.

Mahalo! -- Mike

I looked at the Bruko, not quite what I'm looking for. I would really love a Koa or Acacia tenor, but some spruce tops have caught my eye (Pono, Moku).

Have you looked at the Kamoa E3? It's solid - spruce top and maple back and sides..... I've played a couple of them and they're pretty nice - they play and sound like they should cost a lot more.....

Check out Koa Pili Koko (KPK). Solid Acacia wood, way under your price range. Jason (seller) is a pleasure to do business with.
Good luck,.............................BO...................

A Tenor Ukulele

Have you considered www.Lehuaukules.com? They were designed by Bob Gleason (Pegasus Guitars and Ukuleles) in Hawaii, and made in Portugal. Each one is checked before they are sold or sent to dealers. MSRP is $359. I have a Classic tenor which has lost its eared-geared tuners and has PEGHEDS and Aquila strings. Through the body stringing, as all of the new ones now have as a standard feature,
have been done as an upgrade. Pegheds are $48.00 a set with a minimum of 40.00 for installation [the same things some stores sell for $80 and charge $120 to install] I am selling it because that's what ukulele dealers do. Read Tim's review of PEGHEDS at www.ukeeku.com if you wonder what they are, please .

Last edited:
I've done some reading on KPKs and it sounds like they are prone to cracking. Beautiful instrument for the price, but it seems like a gamble.

Check out Koa Pili Koko (KPK). Solid Acacia wood, way under your price range. Jason (seller) is a pleasure to do business with.
Good luck,.............................BO...................

Lehua tenor with PEGHEDS price

I did not say that the MSRP of $359 also INCLUDES the PEGHEDS installed at that price, so that adds another $93.00 worth of upgrade for the regular price.

Islander MST-4

Looking to buy a solid wood tenor uke, sub $400 shipped. Please post pictures along with offers, a description of the ukulele, and your reason for deciding to sell.

Mahalo! -- Mike

This Islander MST-4 is tree months old and un-used, it needs anew home.IMG_0052.jpgIMG_0051.jpgIMG_0054.jpgIMG_0053.jpg

If you're still looking, I've got a Kala Acacia Tenor I'd be willing to part with. If so, PM me and I'll get you pictures, sound sample, etc.

imeggman, check your PM. I'd love to see some pictures! Is it the solid or "golden" acacia tenor?

If you're still looking, I've got a Kala Acacia Tenor I'd be willing to part with. If so, PM me and I'll get you pictures, sound sample, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom