How do you eat your SPAM?

Spam musubi is the only way I currently eat it!

Growing up my mom would fry it up like bacon, with eggs, rice, and portuguese sausage. I'm making myself hungry!

oh man you asked the question to the wrong guy. hahaha spam is da shizzzzz!!!!

remember in "forest gump" when bubba was going through all the different ways to prepare shrimp? yeah replace that with spam!

but of course my favorite of all time is SPAMSILOG. for the non-filipino viewers, that is a contraction of three words:
spam: duh
sinangag: fried rice
itlog: egg

my recipe:

heat up a wok or a frying pan
pour some oil in and spread it around (just enough to coat)
allow oil to heat up
fry some slices of about 1/2 cm thick spam, turning over every minute until a crispy golden brown and BURNT on the edges
set the spam aside
using same frying pan, recoat with oil if needed, and fry two eggs either sunny side up or over easy.
set the eggs aside
take some day old steamed rice thats been sitting in the fridge and start stirfrying it in the pan, while pouring soy sauce into the mix teaspoon by teaspoon, until you get a mottled light brown color.
if you desire, you can add peas, chopped carrots, crushed garlic, minced onions and even some chinese sausage slices into the mix.

set a plate with the rice taking up about 2/3 of the surface area, and the spam on the other 1/3. over the top of the rice, place the two eggs side by side and pop the yolk with a fork to let it dribble onto the rice. sprinkle some apple cider vinegar over the whole thing and...

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!
BROKE DA MOUT!!!

hahaha enjoy

People in Europe and Australia must be gagging reading this thread. lol.

in ramen, in a musubi, in eggs. the classic local kine way.

sometimes i eat it with a peanut buttah cup. :D

spam and peanut butter cup huh? Adam Sandler style?

I love my spam musubi *drool* I love it with my rice and eggs, but most of all I love it after a night of hard drinking in the morning. OOOOOO also with a little bit of corn beef and rice. *drool*

Say!
I like rice, eggs, and spam!
I do! I like them, Cliff-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
rice, eggs, and spam!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Cliff-I-am!

now, someone write me some chords so I can sing this to my gf!

i think i need to go buy some spam this thread has made me hungry for some

Say!
I like rice, eggs, and spam!
I do! I like them, Cliff-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
rice, eggs, and spam!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Cliff-I-am!

now, someone write me some chords so I can sing this to my gf!

hahahahha i love it!!!

treet

Anyone tried "Treet"? It is a fake SPAM....haaha:eek:

Thin sliced. Super crispy (I fry them myself and let the oil soak-off on paper towels). On basmati rice. With eggs, sunny-side.
:) :) :)

Sometimes I cut them into strips and fry those crispy for snacks.

hoo! man u guys i'm getting hungry. I needa go buy more spam now!

Have any of you guys tried the other flavors? theres lots out there now.. like tabasco spam, garlic, cheese, turkey, hickory smocked...etc

Last edited:
Spent a few, but long years living in SE Minnesota. Town down the highway is Austin,MN. Home of Hormel, creators of Spam. Don't think anyone ate it down there. Same up here. People look stange at me when I start talking Spam.

Remember Spam as a regular food item as a child. Cold, fried multiple ways, in salads, anytime you needed meat in the menu. Grew up relatively poor. Figured Spam was what we could afford. Thought Spam was inexpensive. Not up here. Bit pricey when you figure $/# cost.
Curious what the going rate for a can of Spam is where everyone lives?

I like it dipped in sesame seed, then fried until the seeds turn a nice golden brown. Salvage the loose seeds. Add seeds to a mixture of brn sugar, roasted sesame oil, touch of rice vinger and soy sauce. I use the sauce to drizzle the Spam and if in season a garden fresh mixed salad of whatever is available. The classic Spam topped with a pineapple ring burgers on the grill are simple and nice. Fried rice using Spam. Don't need much to streach the Spam.

Just remember a few months ago the ?50th Anniversary Cans being promoted at least locally. Anyone buy one?

Last edited:
I like it dipped in sesame seed, then fried until the seeds turn a nice golden brown. Salvage the loose seeds. Add seeds to a mixture of brn sugar, roasted sesame oil, touch of rice vinger and soy sauce. I use the sauce to drizzle the Spam and if in season a garden fresh mixed salad of whatever is available.

whoa this sounds really good. I need to give it a try sometime.

Top Bottom