FS - Big Island Solid Mahogany Tenor w/ case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiddencross

Reaction score
I got this uke in July of 2011 from Mim and it was my daily player until about a month ago when I acquired a Kanile'a tenor. This is a no frills, no bling, satin finish ukelele. It is well constructed with easy playability, great projection and nice sustain.

Features include:
  • All solid mahogany construction 

• Rosewood fingerboard and bridge 

• Nickel sealed geared tuners w/ pearloid buttons

• Bone nut & saddle
  • 
Laser cut logo on headstock 

• Currently strung with Southcoast G650 low G strings
  • Includes Uke Crazy rigid foam case with detachable strap
  • Black strap buttons and Fender woven uke strap
  • Mim-made silica gel humidifier

The uke is in great shape but there is some barely perceptible wear. There are some tiny dings in each corner of the headstock (see pictures) and some very mild glossing of the satin finish from frequent playing.

I am asking for $250 plus shipping, but am open to offers. I would also consider a trade for a Flea or Fluke tenor. If you are local, I'll happily meet with you and save the shipping.

back.jpgbuy-me.jpgheadstock.jpgmain.jpgsign.jpg

Here is my sound sample video (squeaks and buzzes are from my fault and not the uke's):

This is an all solid mahogany uke from a well respected builder. Big Island doesn't even make a mahogany uke anymore, only Koa and Mango tenors and those start at $580 retail.

Last edited:
Here is a video of someone who actually knows how to play, playing this uke:

Mim sent this to me when I was considering the initial purchase.

Just a note. For those of you who have privately defended my playing. I posted the second video. :) It wasn't some some stranger who said "here is a video of someone who actually knows how to play." That would be rude, but also kinda funny.

Thanks for the support though. Technically it is my first YouTube post and I am a little self-conscious.

Great uke! I have the concert from this series and gig with it when I sing to children. Because these are so well-made and affordable this would be a killer uke for anyone who needs an instrument for gigs. My concert is almost flawless, and I played a tenor just as nice. I wish I could think of an excuse to buy this. Good luck with sale!

Great uke! I have the concert from this series and gig with it when I sing to children. Because these are so well-made and affordable this would be a killer uke for anyone who needs an instrument for gigs. My concert is almost flawless, and I played a tenor just as nice. I wish I could think of an excuse to buy this. Good luck with sale!
Thanks Chuck. It really is a great uke. I really hate to let it go but I'm trying to get down to three ukes; My main, a Kanile'a tenor; My beater, currently a Makala but hoping to upgrade to a Flea soon; and my electric, currently an Eleuke but hoping to upgrade to a Kamoa eventually. My other ukes (see signature) aren't worth much and will probably get donated to someone local with an interest in learning.

Here is a video of someone who actually knows how to play, playing this uke:

Mim sent this to me when I was considering the initial purchase.

THAT IS FRANKIE!!!

He is even better now! He is the first principal ukulele player at the Berklee College of Music (I think I have that right). Follow him on youtube cause he is just getting better and better! Trying to get the boy to come out to uke events. I may have to drag him kicking and screaming to UWC. I miss him! He is awesome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/frankiederosa

Go follow him!

THAT IS FRANKIE!!!

He is even better now! He is the first principal ukulele player at the Berklee College of Music (I think I have that right). Follow him on youtube cause he is just getting better and better! Trying to get the boy to come out to uke events. I may have to drag him kicking and screaming to UWC. I miss him! He is awesome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/frankiederosa

Go follow him!

That's great! I'm a Berklee grad (but I didn't pick up the uke until after I finished)...glad to see they're expanding the list of principal instruments!

Thought I had this sold, but the deal fell through. I am open to reasonable offers, but my wife is developing an interest in the uke...so if I don't sell it soon she may claim it. :)

Well folks,

My wife has claimed this ukulele and it is no longer for sale.

I am very glad my wife is joining the uke bandwagon and I get to keep this great uke. :)

So I guess I'll have to save up for a Flea rather than use this sale to fund that. However, totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom