simple ukulele question

lpfun

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my ukulele a few days ago and started playing it. I noticed that playing the 2nd string 1st fret and 2nd fret together is the same thing as playing the 2nd string 2nd fret alone. Is this true? if there are notes down the same string but on different frets, only one of them (which is the note on the furthest fret) can be played? Because they sound the same. Is this a valid statement or am I wrong?

I don't really understand what you're saying.

playing the 2nd string 1st fret and 2nd fret together

How can you play 2 frets on the same string?

let's say i'm holding down the first string first fret with index finger and also at the same time i'm holding down the first string second fret with my middle finger (they're right next to eachother on the same string)... so isn't that the same thing as just holding down the first string second fret with my middle finger alone?

let's say i'm holding down the first string first fret with index finger and also at the same time i'm holding down the first string second fret with my middle finger (they're right next to eachother on the same string)... so isn't that the same thing as just holding down the first string second fret with my middle finger alone?

Yes. Yes it is.

Oh, I see what you're saying.

Each string responds to only one fret at a time. If you're holding down both the 1st and 2nd frets on the A string, it's the same as holding down just the 2nd fret only.

You see what I'm saying? I think that's what you were asking in the original post.

I think what you're trying to play is a simplified version of the infamous

chord. AKA the Widowmaker.

Top Bottom