Los Angeles Area- Uke Set up??

Prius23

Reaction score
I live in the San Gabriel Valley and wondering if anyone knows of anyone in the area who specializes in uke set ups?

I use The Fretted Frog at 1200 N. Alvarado. Los Angeles, CA. I've been to McCabe's but the guys at Fretted Frog seemed much nicer!!

I use The Fretted Frog at 1200 N. Alvarado. Los Angeles, CA. I've been to McCabe's but the guys at Fretted Frog seemed much nicer!!

Haven't been there but it's on my list of places to check out if I ever find myself east of the 405 (which is rare).

FWIW, I've been going to McCabe's for years and nobody there has ever *not* been nice to me. But I have heard this complaint from others as well! Some of the employees tend to be a bit on the introverted side, which I suspect comes off as unfriendly at times.

Haven't been there but it's on my list of places to check out if I ever find myself east of the 405 (which is rare).

FWIW, I've been going to McCabe's for years and nobody there has ever *not* been nice to me. But I have heard this complaint from others as well! Some of the employees tend to be a bit on the introverted side, which I suspect comes off as unfriendly at times.

I've been a McCabe's customer for a while as well, and I've had mixed dealings with the folks there. Some times they are incredibly helpful and polite, other times it seems as if they are doing you a favor just by acknowledging you exist.

Then again, part of the equation may be that I'm not a slender female :)

Anyway, the guys at Boulevard Music and over at Marina Music (in Culver City and West LA, respectively) also do setups, though I've never used them so I can't vouch for them.

Then again, part of the equation may be that I'm not a slender female :)

Who, for the record, is old enough to be many of their moms :) In fact, I've known some of the *parents* of the folks who work there since before they had kids.

Funny thing, the only person who is ever not friendly to me there is another woman of about the same age as myself.

Just thought of one more that might be closer to the area the OP lives in - the Fret House in Covina. Again, can't personally vouch for work done but they do sell ukuleles.

Hmmm ... perhaps she feels threatened?

Perhaps... she seems to get along just fine with my guy friends, but most of the women I know have experienced the indifference. But I still think it's more of a case of being an introvert than anything else.

Thank you. I knew I could count on my UU buds...

I've used Hugh at 13th street guitar for misi install and setup. Theyre also just a few blocks from island bazaar.

Top Bottom