New Uke Day, the Wixom built "B&D Special"

808boy

Reaction score
Aloha,
Received the uke I ordered from Willie Wixom on Feb. 03, 2012 today. The design is something I've thought about for a long time and now a reality thanks to Willie. I wanted something different than what we all normally see.
Will do a full review later when I have time..going to Honolulu tomorrow for a party and to visit family and friends and of course mmStan.
Anyway, pictures will have to do for now...................BO...........

Attachments

• B & D Special 014.jpg
    B & D Special 014.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 174
  • B & D Special 013.jpg
    B & D Special 013.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 162
  • B & D Special 011.jpg
    B & D Special 011.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 179
  • B & D Special 010.jpg
    B & D Special 010.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 198
  • B & D Special 009.jpg
    B & D Special 009.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 173
Whoa! Now THAT is a customized uke.

Have fun at your party!

Congrats. Very unique. Like the fretboard. How's she play?

Aloha Bruddah Bo,
Da Bugga lookin' awesome and sounding great...yup I heard it to gang and his wood combination, indian rosewood and Mahogany top with ebony saddle and nut also the Southcoast Strings make it
a real singer...really nice sound.... Have a safe flight and see you soon....

Aloha bdukes,
She plays and sounds wonderful........Mahalo for your comment. I WANTED uniqueness.....
Yeah Bruddah Stan, see you this weekend, will call you. We can do a Wixom duet,hehe.................BO...............

Bo, that is very cool. Great looking uke. Love the 808 in the headstock.

That is a phenomenal instrument! Lover the headstock and the way the fretboard end and sound hole work!

Well, to be honest, I like everything about it.

Get some photos of your Wixom alongside Stan's!

Oh yeah - give Stan a hug from Carrie and from me!

-Kurt​

Congratulations, BO!
Way to go, Willie!!

Stunning! You did a great job of building something unique and unquestionably custom.

Enjoy!

Very unique and interesting. That must have taken some thought. I bet Willie enjoyed building it. Talk about pushing the envelope!

Bo, that is a prize-winner! I'd like to see this alongside Stan's, and if you can, try to record something together!

I'm really happy for you! Congratulations!

Ho, Bruddah BO!

HO! Aloha Friday ... plus new uke day!!! Cannot get moah bettah den dat!!! CONGRATS on your new custom B & D Special Wixom uke!!! :cheers:Da buggah stay looking MEAN!!! I was thinking to myself, "What's da significance of da B & D???" .......... HO! Den da buggah wen hit me! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! Oh yeah, no? I remembah now! I get em now! Yups ... I get em! Right on, Brah! Awesome gesture fo represent something very important to you! Brah, you shua wen go put plenny kine thought into your unique design of your custom uke!

Gotta geeve some props(respect) to Uncle Willie fo his craftsmanship! Way to go Uncle Willie! :bowdown:

Cannot wait fo both you and Ahnko Stan fo get togeddah and jam your Wixom ukes dis weekend! Make shua wen you get time, no forget fo post one video sample of your B & D Special Wixom uke fo all of us hea on da UU! We all stay hanging on by a thread fo hear how she sounds!!!

Have a supah weekend!

Last edited:
Aloha Gang,
Mahalo for all your kind comments. I am proud of it and Willie was excited about my design ideas and could hardly wait to start on it. Before actually starting on it, there were numerous emails and phone calls to make sure he and I were on the same page. He's very accomodating to a certain degree.
As I said, a full review and sound sample to come later.
Gotta have Stan help me with Soundcloud........................BO.......................

Super neat! Can't wait to see the more in depth review and hopefully more pics and vids of yours and MM Stans. Enjoy!

What a wonderful looking uke. Since it was you who helped me decide to buy my non-custom Wixom by playing it and raving about it, I hope this uke is as lovable soundwise as it is visually. Congrats! And yeah, a vide with Stan (who would have to wear a bag over his head to retain mystery man status) would be way cool.

Many congratulations! Wow, that is a beauty. Makes me all the more excited to get mine. Willie already has mine in about "stage 3". Mine won't be as unique as yours, but it will be something nobody else has!
Enjoy it in good health, and hug Stan for me!

Top Bottom