Recall for Audio-Technica AT2020 USB mic bag

khrome

UU+
Reaction score
I received this recall letter from amazon and thought I'd repost it here since I know some of you use this mic:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We have recently learned that Audio-Technica U.S. lnc. is voluntarily recalling Storage Bag for Microphone AT2020USB. Our records indicate that you have purchased one of the product(s) listed in this recall through the Amazon.com website.

Audio-Technica U.S., lnc. ("ATUS") recently discovered that microphone storage bags for the captioned microphone, sold between the dates of January 7, 2009 and December 31, 2011 may contain a lead level in excess of the permissible limits under California Proposition 65. The affected storage bag(s) accompanying the microphones may have been sold to you.
Please contact The Audio Technica Service at (330) 686-2600 Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (EST) for more information.

If you purchased this for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information to contact the Audio Technica Service listed above.

We regret the inconvenience this recall has caused you but trust you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

------------

To save you some time, the only thing they say when you call the number is to write an email to service@atus.com and send them your mailing address and phone number.

You're welcome! Glad to help. :)

Ohyeah, please check with your local gov site, or the EPA site, for places to dispose of Hazardous Waste. You shouldn't throw the old bag in the regular trash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom