A score...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I bought 14 cubic ft of old 3" Brazilian mahogany today for a sixth of the market price (if I could even get it in the UK that is). Here it is - the equivalent of 3 fat men in the back of my VW 1.4 diesel Polo.

14cube.jpg

Although I could get a pile of one piece ukulele necks out of this vinatge wood I am cutting about 24 double guitar neck blanks to sell on ebay in the UK only... There will still be 82 ukulele necks and some electric ukulele body parts in the pile...

WOW! Beautiful! Congrats on your big score!

I bought 14 cubic ft of old 3" Brazilian mahogany today for a sixth of the market price (if I could even get it in the UK that is). Here it is - the equivalent of 3 fat men in the back of my VW 1.4 diesel Polo.

14cube.jpg

Although I could get a pile of one piece ukulele necks out of this vinatge wood I am cutting about 24 double guitar neck blanks to sell on ebay in the UK only... There will still be 82 ukulele necks and some electric ukulele body parts in the pile...

Nice find!

3" thick mahogany eh?...That would have been ideal for making my new mould...80 years ago :)

Top Bottom