FS: Unbranded Vintage 1920's Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmw

Reaction score
FOR SALE is a vintage 1920s-ish birch ukulele that I picked up from Elderly a few months ago. I bought the uke knowing there were going to be some issues with it, but I've realized that I am never going to get around to fixing them myself! To the best of my (and Elderly's) knowledge, everything but the strings is original.

Specs:
* Maker unknown (no labels)
* Solid birch
* Floating wood bridge/saddle
* Metal tailpiece
* Original wooden friction tuners
* Currently strung with Aquila strings

This is a great ukulele for a vintage collector who likes their ukes as-is or for wannabe/actual luthiers. Why? Well, because it came to me with some issues:

* Bottom side is separating, causing tailpiece nail to be loose
* Action is extremely high
* General wear on the wood, fretboard, and rosette

I'm asking $40 shipped to CONUS. That's two twenty dollar bills. You have that in your wallet right now!

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0288.jpgIMG_0290.jpgIMG_0291.jpg

Last edited:
that would be a great wall hanger! Don't need one myself but I am sure someone will at that price :)

Price reduced - FREE shipping to CONUS.

Wednesday bump and a price reduction - $40 with free shipping to CONUS.

Monday bump! Still available! Still less than a cab ride from JFK to Manhattan!

Recognizing the non-interest in this uke, it will be going to eBay. Will post the link for those who may prefer to purchase there.

ARGH! Hadn't been on here in a few days. Can't believe I missed this before you sent it to ebay. I would have taken it.

There are already bids on eBay, so I can't stop the auction. Please see the above link if you are interested in bidding.
Otherwise, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom