Fathers' Day Ukulele

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
The kids all clubbed together & have given me a Ukulele for Fathers Day.
It's a Makala Pineapple - what a fantastic little Uke for the money!

Anyone else been lucky?

I don't have any children. That's the best gift I could possibly have.

I was given a Kala KA-SLNG. It's helping to restrain the UAS pangs and is providing a nice preview of the soprano long-neck form factor.

Amen! No kids = no screaming, no diapers, no interruptions, and more money for UAS.

I get that you childless fellas feel blessedly unencumbered, but could you hold off on the rejoicing until after Father's Day?

Meanwhile: Congrats, Ukuleledad! Obviously you're raising your kids right!

Last edited:
No ukes but I did get a great "coolest grandpa" t-shirt. My kids and grandkids (and wife) know better than to buy Mr. Picky-pants anything like a musical instrument... I'm not a snob and I don't care how much or how little something costs - but if it's supposed to make music it had darned well better be a joy to play and to hear!

I also got 4-1/2 hours uninterrupted to play ukulele today - other than at UWC that just doesn't happen to me! (And now you know why UWC will be really high on my priority list right up until I'm pushing up daisies - maybe beyond...I need to ask Mike if he's up to scattering my ashes over the field... :) )

John

And probably the best gift for the children you never had, as well. :)

Seriously, I have friends who feel as you do and they're fine people. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to have children - different strokes for different folks. There's no question that having kids makes for some pretty serious lifestyle changes and a lot of sacrifices. The real crime occurs when people have kids casually when they aren't willing to make those changes and sacrifices. I don't know what it's like over the pond but a lot of the "societal ills" here in the USofA can be traced back to parents who simply aren't parenting. I have a lot more respect for someone who unequivocably refuses to father children than those who father them but still consider them a nuisance! (Same goes for women and mothering, for that matter.)

I sometimes I wonder if I had it to do all over again if I'd get married or have kids - then I remember that the latter, at least, is a prerequisite for getting grandkids and it becomes a no-brainer. :)

John

No new uke for me, but I did get a pair of Jake tickets for a show in October! Score!
-joe

I got a poem on being a dad, loving music, playing my uke...

...and strangely being afraid of coconuts as my daughter pointed out. :confused:

Congrats on the new uke, and congrats on having great kids!

It is a difficult thing to have children and it sure changes your life but having grandkids make it all worth it! I have 7 and they are wonderful! 5 grandaughters who love to give grandpa kisses! Doesn't get much better than that!

Someone once said "I'm sorry to hear that" when they heard I didn't have children. When I explained that I never want any, and had had a vasectomy before I was 30, they said "well who's going to take care of you when you get old?"

/walks away shaking head

Top Bottom