My first uke jam (South End Ukulele Society @ The Kona Kai Cafe in Kent, WA)

jonyoon

Reaction score
This was my first time attending a uke jam, so I went in with zero expectations.

Although I was one of the younger folks there (I'm 34), I was welcomed and played along with the group. Although I'm use to playing more newer songs from the 80s, 90s, and 00s; it was refreshing to do some golden oldies stuff and a few island tunes I didn't know existed.

Thanks to Uncle Rod Higuchi and the SUPA folks for the fun Saturday afternoon!

I bet you keep going back...

Hey Jon!

Good to meet you. I hope you truly enjoyed the event. You added a lot with your
energy and enthusiasm. Nice tatoo!! It looks better 'in person' :)

keep uke'in'... and join us for a SUPA event sometime :)

Last edited:
The next SUPA is the 2nd Sunday of each month at the Phinney Neighborhood Center.

The next SEUS is the 3rd Saturday of each month at Kona Kai Coffee in Kent.

That's quite a jaunt from Altamont, Il, but everyone is welcome!!

Check out (seattleukulele.org for SUPA). SEUS info is on the SUPA events page.

keep uke'in',

Are kids welcome at this group?

My daughter is 7, and bought a Ukulele in Hawaii with her allowance and is desperate to learn how to play. Do you think they'd allow a little girl to join in the group in Kent? She's a quick study and a very eager learner.
:confused:

This was my first time attending a uke jam, so I went in with zero expectations.

Although I was one of the younger folks there (I'm 34), I was welcomed and played along with the group. Although I'm use to playing more newer songs from the 80s, 90s, and 00s; it was refreshing to do some golden oldies stuff and a few island tunes I didn't know existed.

Thanks to Uncle Rod Higuchi and the SUPA folks for the fun Saturday afternoon!

I don't know

I went for the second time yesterday and everyone was/is very supportive of the new player. I can't imagine they'd turn away any new players no matter the age. She certainly can any worse than me.

Man...I just love seeing threads like this! Long live ukulele!

Top Bottom