Ukulele Chord Poster

UkeGottaLoveIt

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m fairly new to the forum however I have been playing the ukulele for about a year and a half. I am proud to say UU has taught me basically everything I know!

I decided to make this poster because I went looking to buy one online and I wasn’t satisfied with the options. I wanted one that had a good collection of chords and wouldn’t be an eyesore on the wall. After finishing it, I thought it would be a cool summer project to try to sell them online.

The poster is 12x18” with a matte finish
You can scope it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ukulele-Chord-Chart-Poster-Balsa-Walnut-Texture-/330749100753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d022ec2d1#ht_500wt_1135

Before I go about making a website and buying a ton of prints I thought it would be a good idea to get some feedback from the UU community.

What would you consider to be a fair price for this poster?

Any cool design ideas for other posters?

Any other recommendations you may have.

Thanks a lot guys!

Oooh, that's a lot cuter than ones I have ordered in the past.

Edited to add, I'd like it even more if the "ukulele chords" was a lot more subtle, or smaller. I'd like to be able to frame something like that in my office without it drawing attention to itself.

Last edited:
Nice poster. Not sure If I can add any value, but I would say check out other posters out there that are capatable in size, and price it compeditive to those. You don't want to sell yourself short, but at the same time, you don't want to price it that will make people spend a few bucks less for one maybe not as nice. So, I would guess you are in the ball part to be around what you have it listed for. maybe $9.95. Just a nickle less, but subconciously people look harder at it, being under $10, vs. being $10 or more.. It's a phyc/marketing game.. ;)

I'm with Freeda re: the text. If you thinned out the letters themselves or simply made the banner smaller it would go a long way towards the overall design.

Overall, I'd say that's the coolest chord poster I've seen, though. Well done.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks guys! All good feedback.

@Tudorp- Good idea with the price point. p.s. I love the names of your instruments. (Barnabas is my favorite)

@Freeda & Connor- I will see if I can tweak the design a bit in the next batch.

It's a bit of an eye chart looking at the ebay image but it looks to me like the top left chord is C and its shown as first string second fret.

Seconded. Cmaj7 is correct, however.

Looks pretty good otherwise!

It's a bit of an eye chart looking at the ebay image but it looks to me like the top left chord is C and its shown as first string second fret.

Also, Abm7 and Am7 should be 1322 and 2433 respectively, so the root is played in this inversion.

The background is great.

Nice work.

Yep, you would be amazed at how many people say they wouldn't pay $10 for a particular item, but will never blink at paying $9.95 for it... <grin>

All my instruments are named, and there are many more not listed. I tend to play them for awhile until I feel their personality, then name them. Barnabas is a satin black, all blacked out "Goth" model Les Paul.. Barnabas just fit it.. ;)

Thanks guys! All good feedback.

@Tudorp- Good idea with the price point. p.s. I love the names of your instruments. (Barnabas is my favorite)

@Freeda & Connor- I will see if I can tweak the design a bit in the next batch.

Top Bottom