An ukulele life!

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Hello UU!

I have not been around here all too much as of late.

I'm actually currently in the airport about to head over to Australia! I feel so fortunate to have this amazing opportunity to go down under and do what I love the most: Play the ukulele!

For those of you that live in Sydney, Brisbane, or Cairns, here is my current workshop schedule! I'm sorry, but at the moment I am unsure about times. It's probably best to contact the music store directly to find out more information. :)

Sydney:
June:
21 - Big Music
22 - Dicksons
25 - Muso's Corner
26 - Guitar Factory
27 - Macron Music

Brisbane:
28 - 3 Worlds
30 - Ralph White am, Binary Music pm
July
2 - Music Express
3 - Affordable Music
4 - Mooloolaba Music

5th to 8th - Cairns festival

When I return home, I am getting married! It's a crazy summer, but I am so excited!

Thanks to all the support from places like UU and my students, I am ecstatic to announce that coming this fall I will be a full time ukulele instructor! I have met some of the greatest people I've ever dealt with through ukulele lessons and most of them are over Skype! I currently have about 20 students I teach a week, but I am looking to expanding to 25-30 in the fall. I'm currently accepting student requests for a start date in early September. All playing levels are welcomed!

In addition to taking on more students, this fall I will be recording my first solo album. It's titled "The Jumping Flea" and will feature original works as well as instrumental arrangements from Bon Jovi's, Livin' on a Prayer' to The Beatles', Hey Jude.

I also have a new (under construction) website at my former address of thejumpingflea.com as well as my new URL, mattukulele.com. A blog will be going up later today, and you can expect frequent postings about my Australia tour. I've been very quiet with my YouTube page, but expect that to change! My fiancee will be shooting videos and taking pictures constantly, so expect new YouTube videos to be uploaded!!

I can't even begin to explain what UU has done for me. Thank you!!

You're marrying your cameraperson! Genius. I think if my wife filmed me, I'd laugh, or she'd laugh. She'd definitely laugh. The only question would be laughing AT, or laughing WITH.

Hi Matt

Congratulations on all the good things that are happening. I know you are a very talented performer, and very hard working, so you are deserving. I am glad your fiancee will be traveling with you... a great adventure to share.
–Lori

I currently have about 20 students I teach a week, but I am looking to expanding to 25-30 in the fall. I'm currently accepting student requests for a start date in early September. All playing levels are welcomed!

Hi Matt,
Congrats on everything man, you deserve it! I love Oz and wish I could go back. You are very blessed!

How does one go about applying to be your student? I would be interested...

Congrats! It all sounds fantastic. Keep up the great work and awesome playing.

Congratulations Matt!!!

Aloha Matt,
Thank you for the updates, wondered where you were...Congrats on the wedding and your Fab uke journey....may you continue to have the great success in your married life and ukulele Journey...Happy Strummings, Stan

Glad to hear things are going so well for you, Matt! Congrats on the wedding! Will have to follow your blog and FB :D

Marrying the camera person totally works. My husband married his! It's nice to see a post from you again. :)

G'day Matt,
Had the pleasure of attending one of your workshops in Canberra , Australia last year - sorry you won't be back this year but I can highly recommend them!
Enjoy the trip and festival and work on Your Australian accent :)

Hello UU!

I have not been around here all too much as of late.

I'm actually currently in the airport about to head over to Australia! I feel so fortunate to have this amazing opportunity to go down under and do what I love the most: Play the ukulele!

For those of you that live in Sydney, Brisbane, or Cairns, here is my current workshop schedule! I'm sorry, but at the moment I am unsure about times. It's probably best to contact the music store directly to find out more information. :)

Sydney:
June:
21 - Big Music
22 - Dicksons
25 - Muso's Corner
26 - Guitar Factory
27 - Macron Music

Brisbane:
28 - 3 Worlds
30 - Ralph White am, Binary Music pm
July
2 - Music Express
3 - Affordable Music
4 - Mooloolaba Music

5th to 8th - Cairns festival

When I return home, I am getting married! It's a crazy summer, but I am so excited!

Thanks to all the support from places like UU and my students, I am ecstatic to announce that coming this fall I will be a full time ukulele instructor! I have met some of the greatest people I've ever dealt with through ukulele lessons and most of them are over Skype! I currently have about 20 students I teach a week, but I am looking to expanding to 25-30 in the fall. I'm currently accepting student requests for a start date in early September. All playing levels are welcomed!

In addition to taking on more students, this fall I will be recording my first solo album. It's titled "The Jumping Flea" and will feature original works as well as instrumental arrangements from Bon Jovi's, Livin' on a Prayer' to The Beatles', Hey Jude.

I also have a new (under construction) website at my former address of thejumpingflea.com as well as my new URL, mattukulele.com. A blog will be going up later today, and you can expect frequent postings about my Australia tour. I've been very quiet with my YouTube page, but expect that to change! My fiancee will be shooting videos and taking pictures constantly, so expect new YouTube videos to be uploaded!!

I can't even begin to explain what UU has done for me. Thank you!!

If you travel up the pacific highway between sydney and brisbane be sure to stop in for a coffee, i'm 5 mins off the highway about 3/4 of the way up the coast on that leg of the journey, you will be most welcome and there will be many many ukes.

keep me posted and I'll make sure there are some king prawns on the barbie for ya.

Congrats Matt!

Keep us posted on all the happenings!

Have great success in spreading the ukulele Aloha to one and all down under!

keep uke'in',

Thanks for the update Matt. All the best for you!

Top Bottom