AC/DC Long Way To the Top - Blue MUGS Ukulele AND with Bagpipes!

YogaJen

Reaction score
April 25 in Australia is ANZAC Day - a day of commemoration for war veterans and their families. This year our Blue Mountains Ukulele Group -The Blue MUGs -had the pleasure of being the lunchtime entertainment. And given that on the same day some bagpipers were going to entertain as well, we arranged a collaboration for one song. It sounded like a great idea at the start, then it was realised that our band members needed to re-learn the song in the key of Bb to fit with the bagpipes - that was a bit of a challenge, but we got there on the day and it was an absolute blast. To our delight, the pipers are only too happy to collaborate again :)

WOW :drool::rock: Amazing, loved it, made me smile so much, a great version of a top song from one of the greatest bands , and i am a massive Bon Scott fan, i lived in perth for near on 6 years, so i got the chance to pay my respects at Bon's grave.
You all did a fantastic job, i am going to add this to my faves on youtube :)

I think y'all better be careful with these videos - you keep showin' how much fun ukulele playing is and it's a sure thing some government fool will try to tax it or ban it! :)

JOhn

WOW :drool::rock: Amazing, loved it, made me smile so much, a great version of a top song from one of the greatest bands , and i am a massive Bon Scott fan, i lived in perth for near on 6 years, so i got the chance to pay my respects at Bon's grave.
You all did a fantastic job, i am going to add this to my faves on youtube :)

Glad you enjoyed it UkuleleDaveey - I always love playing the song with our uke band - it often takes folks by surprise, they just can't imagine AC/DC with a bunch of ukes! And when they get up and dance it's a total hoot.
Here's a version somebody videoed about 18 months back.

Got chills when the pipes came in.

Yes, it had the same impact on me ukuleletim - I have a new respect for bagpipes now, I'd never appreciated them as such impressive instruments - they're absolutely towering, and yes, they have volume. The wife of one of these pipers plays uke and suggests that the ratio is one set of bagpipes to 10 ukes ;)
Looking forward to more collaborations!

I think y'all better be careful with these videos - you keep showin' how much fun ukulele playing is and it's a sure thing some government fool will try to tax it or ban it! :)

JOhn

Haha John, I hear what you're saying :)

BTW - it was great seeing you at UWC!

Glad you enjoyed it UkuleleDaveey - I always love playing the song with our uke band - it often takes folks by surprise, they just can't imagine AC/DC with a bunch of ukes! And when they get up and dance it's a total hoot.
Here's a version somebody videoed about 18 months back.

Many thanks for that video, you guys really have made that song yours,it is so good :) what chords you use ? do you use the Richard G (scorpex) song sheet or do you have your own arrangement. I would love to learn this song. Thank so much for sharing and it looks like you have loads of members to your uke group :) have a great weekend and kindest regards from me :)

Top Bottom