Boat Paddle 5 string Tenor - Cedar top and Walnut back and sides

Mouthy1

Reaction score
PRICE DROP! Boat Paddle 5 string Tenor - Cedar top and Walnut back and sides

NEW PRICE DROP-SOLD
I have a very cool and terrific sounding Boat Paddle Tenor 5 string. Has a slot for a High e and a Low e. I have been using it as a 4 string with a high e though and it works perfect like that as well. It has a Cedar top and Walnut back and sides and is a 12 fret model. The sound is outstanding and has a more complex sound to it then "plinky". The previous owner put on different tuners that work very well. I have pictures. Also, they put on a strap "thingy" that I kinda like but could be removed and a button could be put in its place.

Condition:
It is used but generally in great shape. The top wood is very soft and it has some marks next to the saddle where strings got hung up and if you look real close, you can see some buckly rash on the back but it is pretty hard to see. It is there, just not super obvious. Other than those items, it is in great shape and plays like butter. Nice low action and has a very good shape that makes it very fun and easy to play. I really like it(I have 10 more ukes so I won't be without don't worry!). I have about 12 pictures that I can send if the ones that I am attaching aren't enough.

Again, the sound is fantastic and I can't find another Boat Paddle out there like this but here is a link to Boat Paddle:
http://www.boatpaddleukuleles.com/instruments.php

I need cash so I am trying to move it fairly quickly. I want $525

PICT0198.jpgPICT0197.jpgPICT0195.jpgPICT0193.jpgPICT0196.jpg

Last edited:
Come on folks, I don't want to go to Ebay...please no Ebay!

PRICE DROP $525

I want my new Larrivee!!! NEED CASH

Just curious. What is the theory or purpose behind the double E strings? Blessings, arktrav

They provide a chorus effect. It fills out the sound a bit. The same principle as a twelve string guitar but on a smaller scale.

Thank you Provines. It adds some depth to the range. I took off the low E and play it as a 4 string and that works very well. Here is a link to Ukeeku's very own custom one he had built and his videos. He paid $1200 for the concert version(minus $350 for the pickup). Mine looks just like his only the Tenor version.
http://ukeeku.com/2011/09/27/ukeekus-custom-5-string-concert-boat-paddle-uke/

It really has a great sound. I think the Tenor sounds a lot better. Much more range and depth but it is a good video anyway and I appreciate all the Ukeeku has done with his video's and website reviews!

Oops! Low G. My bad and thanks for catching my mistake. I work at a college and today is the first day of classes so my mind is on other things!!! Tuned gcea.

New price $500

I will give it till through the weekend then off to eBay!

Okay, I got lazy so I never listed on ebay. Maybe tonight but I will bump it until I get off my lazy butt!

Still lazy! Will hit eBay when back from the mountains on Monday. In the meantime, bumpity bump;)

Hate wonkie tuners! ??? Look like simple open geared tuners to me.

I must have a terrible eye. What's wonky about the tuners?
I think this uke looks mighty fine. (My bank account does not look as lovely, sadly.)

On the side with three tuners, they do not fit properly so they are overlapped, and missing a screw on two that I can see. Even if they never slip that way (they will), they are not meant to be held in place with a single screw and the screw will work it's way out of the wood.
Of course, you could go back to the originals and call it a day, but then there are holes from the geared tuners screws, which would send my OCD into fits.
wonky

Okey doke.

I'm betting your clothes closet is color-coded. :)

On the side with three tuners, they do not fit properly so they are overlapped, and missing a screw on two that I can see. Even if they never slip that way (they will), they are not meant to be held in place with a single screw and the screw will work it's way out of the wood.
Of course, you could go back to the originals and call it a day, but then there are holes from the geared tuners screws, which would send my OCD into fits.
wonky

I have the originals too. I personally couldn't care less about the tuners but I get that some do!Just put the old ones back on or where sunglasses;)

Top Bottom