Thinking of trading my Tenor Sceptre for a soprano

grandpoobah

Reaction score
IMG_1370.jpgGot a tenor Sceptre a few months back from Hawaii Music Supply. I had a MiSi pick-up installed locally by a professional luthier. Its loud, sounds amazing, but... I hardly play it. Turns out my comfort zone is soprano / concert.

It only has a few hours of play time on it and is in perfect condition. It also comes with a premium Oahu case. All in, I paid about $1,400 for the Uke/Case/Pickup/Installation.

I'm open to trading it for a high end Soprano. PM me if you have something in mind. I'm happy to grab better pictures too. Just grabbed a quickie with my cellphone.

Thanks

and... yes I am open to selling it outright, but I would just spend it on another uke... figured I'd look for trades first.

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
View attachment 39191Got a tenor Sceptre a few months back from Hawaii Music Supply. I had a MiSi pick-up installed locally by a professional luthier. Its loud, sounds amazing, but... I hardly play it. Turns out my comfort zone is soprano / concert.

It only has a few hours of play time on it and is in perfect condition. It also comes with a premium Oahu case. All in, I paid about $1,400 for the Uke/Case/Pickup/Installation.

I'm open to trading it for a high end Soprano. PM me if you have something in mind. I'm happy to grab better pictures too. Just grabbed a quickie with my cellphone.

Thanks

and... yes I am open to selling it outright, but I would just spend it on another uke... figured I'd look for trades first.

Are you a lefty? I ask because the pickup looks like it is installed so the cord would point up on a right handed strung uke. It does look likeit's streun righty though.. hmmm.

I thought the pic may have been reversed.. but the writing on the your card and in the uke is correct.

just wondering.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you a lefty? I ask because the pickup looks like it is installed so the cord would point up on a right handed strung uke. It does look likeit's streun righty though.. hmmm.

I thought the pic may have been reversed.. but the writing on the your card and in the uke is correct.

just wondering.. Thanks!

Fair question. I'm a righty. The pick up jack is like that for two reasons. If it was on the other side the uke would flip over if you put a strap on it. Also, if you were to rest it on your knee, you might have issues with the cable leaning on your leg. With the odd shape of the sceptre, my luthier and I felt it was the best spot.

Also. I use an "L" shape plug so the cable still points down anyway. If I use a regular straight cable, it comes out level due to the fact that I hold the headstock higher than the body.

Last edited:
Fair question. I'm a righty. The pick up jack is like that for two reasons. If it was on the other side the uke would flip over if you put a strap on it. Also, if you were to rest it on your knee, you might have issues with the cable leaning on your leg. With the odd shape of the sceptre, my luthier and I felt it was the best spot.

Also. I use an "L" shape plug so the cable still points down anyway. If I use a regular straight cable, it comes out level due to the fact that I hold the headstock higher than the body.

Great answers! Thank you!

That was a good catch and great that you thought the placement through. I have a sceptre and if I ever put in a p/u that was valuable info! Thanks guys. Good luck with the trade.

Thanks guys. I put a lot of thought into that and I am glad to get the approval of other Sceptre aficionados.

If you're going to drill into a $1000 instrument with no obvious place for it, best get it right the first time =)

are you looking for anything smaller then a soprano? koaloha noah?

Top Bottom