PDA

View Full Version : Oahu Jam Session Anyone?

Ching-Yoshiohana
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Anyone on Oahu want to get together for a jam session?

Trinimon
06-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll be there for 10 days as of Saturday before heading over to da Big Island. But I suck. lol

Uncle Rod Higuchi
06-20-2012, 06:22 AM
I'd love to, but I don't arrive until the 4th of July.

Will you be attending the Ukulele Festival at Kapiolani park?
There's usually a contingent of UUers somewhere about... and
Aldrine has been seen thereabouts pretty regularly.

While in Honolulu (til Aug 8) I usually attend the FREE ukulele
lessons and the Royal Hawaiian Center Food Court, 10-11, Tues
thru Fri to assist the Aunties, Aunty Wainani and Aunty Puakeala.

I also try to make it to Melveen Leed's Sat Concert at the Food Court
at the International Marketplace, 11-2p I believe.

Anyway, please keep us infromed as to where and when:)

keep uke'in',

Capt Roy
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm going for the Ukulele Fest again this year.. I'm going to the big island for a few days first.. I'm getting to Honolulu on the 15th and staying until the 24th.. I'm staying at Hale Koa.. Uncle Rod I will find you this year.. Looked for you last year I was on stage with the strummers group.. I will head down to the lessons one day..

Would love to tag up.. Hale Koa has a great park maybe we to tag up there for a little playing one day..

gyosh
06-28-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm going for the Ukulele Fest again this year.. I'm going to the big island for a few days first.. I'm getting to Honolulu on the 15th and staying until the 24th.. I'm staying at Hale Koa.. Uncle Rod I will find you this year.. Looked for you last year I was on stage with the strummers group.. I will head down to the lessons one day..

Would love to tag up.. Hale Koa has a great park maybe we to tag up there for a little playing one day..

I'll be in Oahu for the festival also. Also playing in the strummers group. Uncle Rod posted a pretty comprehensive list of meet-ups and lessons before, but I can't find it now. For the festival weekend I'm staying at the Ala Moana for the rest of my trip I move to the Royal Kuhio and a few days at the Aulani for my son. Would love to meet fellow UUers.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
06-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Hey Capt Roy and gyosh, would love to meet up with you guys at the Uke Fest and thereafter.

I'll probably be on the benches somewhere dodging the pidgeon droppings :)

I'm still planning on helping out at the FREE ukulele lessons as mentioned above.

Here's my cell phone number (206) 234-6972. Please feel free to give me a call.
I arrive the evening of the 3rd and I'll probably be out all day with some friends, on
the 4th, as we're all celebrating our 40th anniversaries together. (Unfortunately
my wife will not be there as she will be caring for our daughter in Seattle as she
concludes her chemotherapy and possibly radiation treatments before returning
to HNL where she works with Starbucks. Hopefully, my wife will be able to spend
a few days/weeks in HNL before school begins in Seattle.) I'll be leaving HNL on
Aug 8th.

Maybe we could all join up with mmstan :)

keep uke'in',

Dino
06-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Hey C-Y, when were you thinking about this? Any place and time in mind? I live in Mililani. Let me know. I'm game.

Uncle Rod Higuchi
06-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Eh, Dino, love da old menehune warriors logo.

Long time no see! :)

keep uke'in',