Suggesting you make subscription to groups automatic

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
When you join a group you are not automatically going to get updates to its pages, which is strange because when you post to a thread, you are automatically subscribed. Too often people don't realise that they won't get updated - I didn't..... why not make it automatic? :)

Yeah, I find this odd too, and it would also be helpful.

Not to compare this fabulous site with another, but the German Uke board has a setting where you can auto-subscribe to any threads you comment on. Since that board is way smaller, it is pretty practical, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest it here.

BUT! barefootgypsy is right! Groups are pretty much underused, and if we could have auto mail notifications, it would totally enhance them.

ACK! Please never automatically sign me up for email notifications.
Yeah, but Pootsie - you could click to opt out, when you join a group - the thing is that people don't realise they won't be notified of posts to the group unless they actively subscribe....

I do see a difference between being notified of group postings and getting automatic notices for every thread on which I comment. The first would be okay (and I would unsubscribe if it got too busy). The second would be the death of me.

I am currently posting, responding to posts, and private messaging in an attempt to see if there is sufficient interest to start a new UU Forum Group for Guitarpro 6 (tabbing software that is very uke friendly). Responses thus far have been quick to point out the lack of activity within groups. Lack of notification could easily be why groups are not used more than they are.

I am now wondering if a new Forum "Board" is needed to address uke software and apps, etc., but I would think a Group could be more specific and function in this regard better than adding one more board to the list. I thought this way because I thought "auto subscription" was the default to joining a Group. Guess I need to check on that, because I really haven't seen much from either of the groups I joined so far.

Thanks for posting a great suggestion.

I do see a difference between being notified of group postings and getting automatic notices for every thread on which I comment. The first would be okay (and I would unsubscribe if it got too busy). The second would be the death of me.
You can set your preferences to no email and only get your updates via your user control panel.

I agree that notification of group postings should be automatic.

Top Bottom