LIVING WATER STRINGS - new range of uke strings

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I have just brought out a range of fluorocarbon ukulele strings. This is my own brand. They are clear, very strong and are made from pure fluorocarbon. In my opinion they have a pure tone. They're called Living Water Strings.

I am very pleased with them and have worked for a long time to get them on the market. I will, of course, be posting some more videos using them.

At the moment there are 4 different sets: soprano, concert, tenor and baritone. All, including the baritone set, are for re-entrant (high 4th string) tuning.

Soprano Cover small.jpg

If you would like to find out more about them or get your hands on some, they are available from my website (see below) at introductory prices.

Here are a couple of videos that I have already posted where I am using the new strings. There are several more on my YT channel.

He Was A Friend Of Mine

I'll Fly Away

Thanks.

Ken, any idea when a low g will be offered?

Great recording of "He was a friend of mine" - I especially loved the birds singing along in the background :)

I've got the little cousin of your recorder the Zoom H1. They are astounding value for money those Zoom Portables. Was the sound on that video from the video camera or from the Zoom?

Were both UKEs strung with your strings? If so, they sound sweet. Must try them... Good luck getting a foothold in a growing market.

Ok, I had to bite. If there's an order from Helsinki, it's me. My husband's name is on the PP because we opened up the account for his website, but it's me. It redirected back to a 404 error here - http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/strings.aspx - but maybe that's because the entire internet is ordering strings at the same time. Those are the kind of errors we like. :)

Edit to add - I gotta agree about that Zoom! I'm saving up for a new mic as well. I was thinking about the Blue Spark Digital (which seems to be Vaporware), or the Apogee MiC... since I use an ipad for track recording. If I was recording single tracks, the Zoom would be a no-brainer, but I wonder... I mean jeez it always sounds so nice with a uke. Not to derail the thread but it gives a lot to think about!

Last edited:
Both superb recordings Ken. I just ordered a set of sop and concert strings mate. All the best with these, I can't wait to try em out.
:cheers:

Just ordered a Soprano and Concert set to try. Looking forward to it Ken!
--Garry

Ken, any idea when a low g will be offered?

Not quite sure. Maybe quite soon. But not until I am happy with an unwound bottom string.

Great recording of "He was a friend of mine" - I especially loved the birds singing along in the background :)

I've got the little cousin of your recorder the Zoom H1. They are astounding value for money those Zoom Portables. Was the sound on that video from the video camera or from the Zoom?

Were both UKEs strung with your strings? If so, they sound sweet. Must try them... Good luck getting a foothold in a growing market.

Thanks. Yes, the baritone and the tenor both had my strings. Hal's tenor did not. He likes to use low G.

Ok, I had to bite. If there's an order from Helsinki, it's me. My husband's name is on the PP because we opened up the account for his website, but it's me. It redirected back to a 404 error here - http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/strings.aspx - but maybe that's because the entire internet is ordering strings at the same time. Those are the kind of errors we like. :)

Edit to add - I gotta agree about that Zoom! I'm saving up for a new mic as well. I was thinking about the Blue Spark Digital (which seems to be Vaporware), or the Apogee MiC... since I use an ipad for track recording. If I was recording single tracks, the Zoom would be a no-brainer, but I wonder... I mean jeez it always sounds so nice with a uke. Not to derail the thread but it gives a lot to think about!

Thanks for drawing my attention to the 404. I have realised what the problem is and have fixed it.

I have not found a product that is as versatile as the Zooms. They are great. I have the H2 and the H4n. You can record a whole album on the H4n. I shall be getting the new H2n soon too.

Thanks so much for trying the new strings.

Hi Ken

Just placed my order! Figured I try out the tenor on my superconcert Kanile'a, and the concert size on my concert neck Flea. Are you going to have any of these at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival this September?

–Lori

Great website man, have just ordered a set of sopranos, will swap them with the aquilas i have in at the moment and see how they go.

Thanks alot

Hi Ken

Just placed my order! Figured I try out the tenor on my superconcert Kanile'a, and the concert size on my concert neck Flea. Are you going to have any of these at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival this September?

–Lori

Thanks Lori. Yes, I'm sure I will have some with me at the WCUF. And thanks for placing an order. The demand has been absolutely incredible.

Great website man, have just ordered a set of sopranos, will swap them with the aquilas i have in at the moment and see how they go.

Thanks alot

Thanks very much. I got your order.

Did you get my via pay pal order Ken? Set of Concerts.

If Barbablanca is your real name, then no. However, if your name is something else, then maybe. I have had a lot of orders for concerts I'm afraid. If you want to send me an email I will certainly check for you. I am sure I have though. And thanks for buying.

Do you have a pair of identical Ukes that you can use to record a side-by-side comparison with a set of well-known strings ?

Sorry Ken. My real name is Berni Armstrong and I live in Catalonia. When I joined the forum I had a white beard - hence the name.

I have not rejuvenated since then, well a little, Ukes have that effect, but I have shaved off the beard for summer.

Do you have a pair of identical Ukes that you can use to record a side-by-side comparison with a set of well-known strings ?

Yes, I do. However, I am not going to do that. Most of the other brands of fluorocarbon strings are excellent products. I personally like the sound and feel of my strings. Thats why I produced them, but the differences are very subtle.

Sorry Ken. My real name is Berni Armstrong and I live in Catalonia. When I joined the forum I had a white beard - hence the name.

I have not rejuvenated since then, well a little, Ukes have that effect, but I have shaved off the beard for summer.

Yes, Berni, they were posted yesterday. You should get them in a day or so (5 working days max, they say).

Top Bottom