D'Addario Pro Arte

lambchop

Reaction score
Anyone else try these strings D'Addario J71 Pro Arte strings? Got them on a whim and they seem to have tons of volume, yet are not too bright and super soft to the touch. The only issue I have is I don't hear as much sustain, but they seem to be getting better and more sustain-y as I used them. Your thoughts? Mike

I was thinking about trying them next. Are any of the strings wound? How thin/thick are they?

They're too mellow for my tastes, but love the t2s. I have one set left, so I'll try them on my Risa with an Aquila red low g on the next string change and see what happens.

I tried them and liked them. Good volume and sort of "chunky".
I think you're right about the sustain but it never bothered me because I generally just thrash out chords.
I now have Worth clears on and I THINK I prefer them (brighter, I think) but....does anyone else have the problem of forgetting what the last lot sounded like by the time you've got a new set on and setlled in?

They are very mellow for my ukulele which at first, I loved but right now, I'm feeling for a new set of strings. Maybe it's just because my strings have been worn out though...

Precisely why a video camera comes in handy- happens all the time
I think you're right about the sustain but it never bothered me because I generally just thrash out chords.
I now have Worth clears on and I THINK I prefer them (brighter, I think) but....does anyone else have the problem of forgetting what the last lot sounded like by the time you've got a new set on and setlled in?

I tried them on my Mya-Moe. I thought they had a very colorful sound. But, at least on that instrument, they were too quiet for my taste. I loved the sound, but wouldn't use them again.

They are my absolute favorite strings, plenty of sustain, mellow, warmth and excellent for finger picking.

However, you have to put them on the right uke.
On a uke that doesn't "suit" them, they don't sound all that excellent.

I record sound samples and keep notes on my iPhone.

These are the strings I use on my 'Uke and love them. actually liked them more then some Aquilas I've used (Atleast on my uke)

Are any of the strings wound? I've seen conflicting information online, and would appreciate hearing from actual users.

Are any of the strings wound? I've seen conflicting information online, and would appreciate hearing from actual users.

If you want a low g, it could be wound. I can't remember which one I got but Strings by Mail recommended one (wound) and it sounded good. I wouldn't double up on one of the strings as there woudn't be enough tension. Some people recommended J4303 but personally don't like it because it was wobbly compared to the other 3 strings. I would call Strings by Mail and get their recommendation.

I got them back on my Kamaka HF-3 and love it!! You can never go wrong with J71's :) but I must say, they don't sound great on "all" uke's, you kinda have to just mess around and see which strings sound best for your uke! I wanna get another set of the T2's lol since my other one's didn't last very long...

I use a Pro Arte wound string for my low G. Its a light tension, silverplated wound, and blends quite nicely with the Pro Arte uke set, or other string sets as well. Its lower tension gives a feel and tone that works well on my tenor ukes. The D'Addario model # is J4304, and Just Strings, Strings By Mail etc. usually have these in stock as single strings.

The Pro Arte sets does not have any wound strings.

Top Bottom