Pachbel

mendel

Reaction score
I've been über busy lately. I just received word that my Dissertation has been approved by my Committee Chairperson. I am almost done, as a result of putting in an enormous amount of time the past few months. My Uke playing has suffered tremendously. Today, I sat down and grabbed my wall hanger Uke, a Lanikai Concert size. I tuned it up and absent mindedly I began strumming some Canon in D. I don't know why, as it was certainly not the beauty of my playing, but it opened the floodgates and I started having tears running down my face. Either just the act of strumming, Canon, or something else just got to me. I feel like a ton of frustration, fear, and uncertainty found its way to the surface and used my Uke as a vehicle to get there. I just wanted to share. I miss regularly interacting on here, but the Dissertation had to take priority over my UU time.

Mendel

Hey Rich, it is nice to hear from you. I glad that the grind is almost over for you, I'm sure it will be a tremendous relief.

Brad

I was beginning to doubt my resolve. I was at a tipping point for sure. I am thankful that things are on the upswing for me now. It's always a nice thing to get a response from you Bradford. I hope that all is going well for you.

Keep in mind that you are not alone. As my backlog has increased to over 14 months and I have fallen behind in my orders, I find that the added pressure tends to sap my motivation. Granted the pressure is pretty much self induced, my customers for the most part are UU members and have been very nice about the wait. Nothing much for it but to suck it up and get it done.

Brad

I get that. I am very happy for your business growth. You are a fine craftsman and your beautiful instruments bring beauty into the world. I am planning to start my own business once I complete the PhD, so I understand completely what your experience has been. I hope to have ample business someday too!

Keep in mind that you are not alone. As my backlog has increased to over 14 months and I have fallen behind in my orders, I find that the added pressure tends to sap my motivation. Granted the pressure is pretty much self induced, my customers for the most part are UU members and have been very nice about the wait. Nothing much for it but to suck it up and get it done.

Brad

Take your time after you build mine!! Just kidding. I'm sure building is a combination of art and science so the motivation or mojo needs to be there. We all appreciate your honesty as we all go thru these lulls in life.

Top Bottom