Some Myrtle

Bradford

Reaction score
One of the very nice things about this forum is it can be a great source of information. A couple of weeks ago, saltytri posted a thread that a wood store in Oregon had some nice koa. I ordered some and today, Jim, the owner called me to see if everything had arrived OK and whether I was happy with it. That was terrific customer service, but in the ensuing conversation I asked him if he had any myrtle. Here are some pictures of what I just ordered from him.

Brad

Attachments

• Front Side.jpg
    Front Side.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 3 boards.jpg
    3 boards.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 188
Pretty wood, Brad. Gonna make some sweet ukes!

i love the figuring on that myrtle brad!! now im conflicted . i saw a few piece much like yours in a local woodshop but opted for a bunch of figured walnut instead. i might have to go bak thise weekend to see if they still have it. thanks for sharing Brad.
One of the very nice things about this forum is it can be a great source of information. A couple of weeks ago, saltytri posted a thread that a wood store in Oregon had some nice koa. I ordered some and today, Jim, the owner called me to see if everything had arrived OK and whether I was happy with it. That was terrific customer service, but in the ensuing conversation I asked him if he had any myrtle. Here are some pictures of what I just ordered from him.

Brad

Nice score, Brad. I'm glad you bought it, as I don't need to spend any money on more wood just now!

Good golly, that's beautiful.

Here are some pics of the first set from it.

Brad

Attachments

• mrtl1 010.jpg
    mrtl1 010.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 82
  • mrtl1 012.jpg
    mrtl1 012.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 89
It is certainly beautiful

Here are some pics of the first set from it.

Brad

I'd be pretty doggone thrilled... my longneck soprano build is coming up in August.

Here's hoping...:drool:

How porous is myrtle? I'm thinking of building my next uke with it and I'm wondering how much grain filling I would need to do.

Top Bottom