NEW UKE DAY: "The Sheriff" - POHAKU MASTERPIECE

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi All, picked up my new uke last weekend from Peter Hurney. I designed this ukulele as a tribute piece to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Perfect intonation, wonderful action, has that great rich Mahogany sound.

This is dedicated to Frank Trejo whom I worked with for many years and was shot and killed in the line of duty while serving as a Deputy Sheriff for the County of Sonoma on March 29th., 1995. I'll never forget that night when I heard our dispatchers radio "Officer down".

SPECS: Curly Honduran Mahogany sides and back, master grade straight grained Honduran Mahogany top, rosewood fretboard, gold MOP badge with inner shell crest, mop side fret markers, curly Koa binding, black/white stripe (with maple), abalone rosette, peghead tuners, burle rear headstock, maple mustache with multi-wood inlaid .223 bullet. Thanks Peter for a masterpiece!

Badge Headstock_3700.jpgBridge Saddle_3695_1.jpgBullet Inlay_3694.jpgCurly Honduran Side_3701_1.jpgCurly Koa Binding and Bottom Stripe_3716_1.jpg

It is beautiful, and a great tribute to one of the folks that keep my home safe. Bless up Sonoma County Sheriffs- your deeds do not go unnoticed.

Aloha B K USA,
Man, THAT IS a gorgeous uke and a moving tribute for your friend. May you have many Blessed days with it.

Beautiful uke and tribute. There's nothing like a new uke day with a story.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful uke! What a great way to do a tribute, every time you pick it up, it will remind you of Frank. Would love to hear a sound sample...

There's a new sherrif in town and it shure is perdy. Congrats on a beautiful instrument and a beautiful rememberance

Congratulations on this very personal design!
Whenever you pick it up to play, you'll be saluting your friend without feeling sad.

It is absolutely stunning.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I will be getting a video out soon with the sound sample as I had quite a few PM's for that.
Hopefully in the next week I can get something posted on my Youtube Channel.

Cheers!

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I will be getting a video out soon with the sound sample as I had quite a few PM's for that.
Hopefully in the next week I can get something posted on my Youtube Channel.

Cheers!

I'm really curious on the sound sample as your William King sounds amazing. You got some nice adz

Congratulations on the new ukulele and thank you for sharing your tribute to your fallen friend. I hope you're able to remember him and the good he brought to this world whenever you play it.

It is a beauty, and even prettier in person! Having had the chance to hold and play this ukulele at Jay's place....what an amazingly creative and wonderful instrument! Peter Hurney is a master!

By the way everyone.....look at Jay's ukulele signature lineup, his taste in ukuleles is second to none! Not only that....but he is the classiest guy I know!

Awesome Jay, nice job on the design. I can't wait to hear it.
Don

Congratulations on your new Pohaku! I love how each one is really different and personalized for the owner, and the sound is second to none. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine!

Lovely looking uke but I don't get the inlaid bullet, to me that's like building a guitar in remembrance of Hendrix and inlaying a syringe.

Hi nongdam, The William King is a long scale tenor while this is a concert. However, the sound is definitely big for a concert and after playing it non-stop it's already sounding bigger.
I'll definitely try to get a video up before the end of the weekend.
Cheers!

I'm really curious on the sound sample as your William King sounds amazing. You got some nice adz

Top Bottom