POHAKU (Peter Hurney's) "The Sheriff" - Inlay Work

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Thanks Peter for "the Sheriff". All details on this uke are posted in Uke Talk. I drew up my design including the custom multiple wood bridge (he went with the rosewood saddle) with mustache shadow to tie in all woods of the uke. Amazing how the concept turned out. 8 months of nerve racking waiting thinking "I hope it looks like what I think it should look like!" It did. Simply fantastic.

Badge Headstock_3700.jpgBridge Saddle_3695_1.jpgBullet Inlay_3694.jpgCurly Honduran Side_3701_1.jpgCurly Koa Binding and Bottom Stripe_3716_1.jpg

wo...that bridge looks interesting. How did he make it?

Is rosewood hard enough for saddle?

The saddle works perfect. I am not sure what exact "type" of rosewood and need to confirm with Peter but it's a beautiful look. My goal was for a lot of sustain and rich, warm sound. He definitely achieved it and he was the one who selected the saddle and surprised me. I have played it probably 20 hrs this past week (seriously..my wrist is sore from all the playing). There are no marks on it at all (thus the strings aren't doing anything to the wood including the low G wound. It's definitely hard enough without a doubt.

He made the bridge using the various woods and I believe used some vacuum system to suck all the woods together. He said it took him three bridges to get it to work, as he never had done anything like this. I didn't see him making it, but I'm glad he didn't give up!

wo...that bridge looks interesting. How did he make it?

Is rosewood hard enough for saddle?

Top Bottom