Tiny Tangi strings

Nixon

Reaction score
Been building a Tangi replica recently and am trying to find strings for it. Anyone know what would be best to use?

I use Jasper Happy (in the UK) strings. His strings are small diameter than standard soprano strings, and they work VERY well with my Aphid ukes.

P1060115.jpg

P1050392.jpg

Last edited:
I hope he keeps making them. The last time I ordered from him he mentioned he wasn't sure how much longer he could make them, because they cost more to make than he makes from them. He only does it at this point as a service to his current customers. I like to support him when I can, because one, he's an awesome guy, and two, he is passionate about his work and music. His Dad was a fairly famous uke player back in the early part of the 1900s. I been trying to talk him into making white, or clears ones too, which at one point he was planning to, but didn't because he wasn't making enough to warrant making other types and models. But, the ones he developed, are cool for small ukes, because they are smaller diameter than standard sopranos. They sound pretty good on a banjo uke too, because they are brighter, and just ring out well on banjos..

Oh yeah, listen to his sound clip at the bottom of that listing. I love his rendition of that classic..

Also, if you find you don't like em. let me know, I'll buy the remainder of them from you.

For what it's worth, if those don't work out-I use Worth clears (light) on my Kala Pocket Uke. I love them. They have a very short break-in time, and they hold tune very well. The weight is just right for the little ukes...

Scott

Strings

Can we see a photo of the finished uke? I use nylon classical guitar strings on my 16" uke. The ones I use have a smaller diameter than standard uke strings.

Top Bottom