Honu ukulele returning to US market

MGM

Reaction score
After about a year of redevelopement and selling in Japan the honu line from Big island ukulele company and winkler woods is returning to the US Market. These are higher end imports along the lines of Pono. Winkler is a Big Island wood supply company which harvest and mills Koa for a very large percentage of guitar manufacturers in the business. They have now gone into making Ukulele with their own wood.

Will they be selling the version with the honu shaped bridge? I got a concert (from MGM last year) that is outstanding. Superb workmanship and great sound.

i will be looking at all the new models tomorrow so I can answer morew then

The Honus now come in three sizes traditional plai no binding
Rope with Rope style purfling
Deluxe with ebony fretboard, honu shaped pinned bridge and honu shaped fret markers.

I am taking pictures now. Michael

Pardon my ignorance, Michael, but can you give us a bit of background on Honu? Can anyone tell us more about them and maybe a bit about why we should be looking at them (as opposed to the several dozen other manufacturers)?

GX9901 has a lovely clip in that link he put in there also. You have to scroll down a bit to get to it. I was able to get both to work.

MGM,
The Honu ukes on your ebay store look lovely. When I worked for Winkler I saw so much beautiful woods pass through the shop, man do I wish I bought some back then. Perhaps I just need to settle for one of their ukes ;)

Top Bottom