Tom Guy Cigar Box Uke

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Tom Guy Tenor Cigar Box Uke

Starting the Summer off right for some lucky buyer. I am selling my Tom Guy tenor CBU. One thing that I really like about this CBU, aside from the sound, is the Corina Westerns lettering on the box.

Redwood box, Bubinga fretboard and bridge. Mahogany overlay on the headstock. Poplar neck with Mahogany laminations. Ebony nut and saddle. I also made an ebony cover for the string knots on the bridge. Because of the position of the bridge being close to the end of the box, I found that the knots were irritating the inside of my arm so I made the cover for it.

Gotoh sealed tuners with amber buttons. Currently strung low G with Worth CHLGHD strings.

There are some small dings on the box, most of which I'm sure were there before Tom got it. After all, it is a real cigar box. I had a MiSi pickup in it for a while which I removed to install in another uke this winter. I didn't plug the hole so if the buyer chooses, they can install a pickup easily themselves. The bridge has been drilled for an undersaddle transducer. Right now I'm just calling the hole an end port so the person sittng to your right can get a little more sound.LOL. :)

Priced to sell at $240.00. Shipping is now included CONUS.
CBU001.jpg

CBU002-1.jpg

CBU004-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Bluegrass CBU Dana. I have one of Toms and I love the sound of mine and it plays great. Mines a keeper.

Nice looking uke, well made, good price. Nice job on the cover for the string knots. I found the same thing happens to me on some ukes. Never thought of making a cover, great idea. Does it come with the case? I can't buy at this time but just wanted to comment.

Nice looking uke, well made, good price. Nice job on the cover for the string knots. I found the same thing happens to me on some ukes. Never thought of making a cover, great idea. Does it come with the case? I can't buy at this time but just wanted to comment.

Yes it comes with the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom