Kanilea is changing factory stock strings......

MGM

Reaction score
Kanileas are now coming out from factory with Daddario Nyltech strings..which are a aquila licensed product instead of the italian made aquilas as they have done some testing of various strings on their ukes and this is what they believe are the best match for their design.

Kanileas are now coming out from factory with Daddario Nyltech strings..which are a aquila licensed product instead of the italian made aquilas as they have done some testing of various strings on their ukes and this is what they believe are the best match for their design.

Using a distant relative (on one side of the family) in the T2s, I get their choice. I'll have to try some Nyltechs at some point and see if they can agree with my fingers. It's nice to see they could make a change while still keeping the relationship with Aquila going too. :)

Far be it for me to question Joe's choice. But I never thought the stock Aquilas were a good fit. It seems that fluoros like Fremont or Orcas are a much better compliment. Well, to my ears, anyway.

Maybe I'll give the Nyltech strings a go round in the next couple months.

Far be it for me to question Joe's choice. But I never thought the stock Aquilas were a good fit. It seems that fluoros like Fremont or Orcas are a much better compliment. Well, to my ears, anyway.

Maybe I'll give the Nyltech strings a go round in the next couple months.

Good choice.

I have a set of Nyltech strings on my concert BP, and they sound wonderful, a bit warmer and less muddy than regular Aquila nylgut.

Ditto. I've never liked Aquila strings on either of my Kanilea ukes. Too bad there isn't a low g Nyltech setup, or I would give it a try. Do you know Mike what string he is going to use for a low g option with the Nyltech?

And I think that Worths are very very meh. Straight up nylon is too mellow, so if not for some better blends, I'd have stuck with the nylgut for that earthy sound. I was just going to stick with the T2s, but I'll give Nyltech a go on the string change. It's nice to have options.

Thanks, MGM. Still have the stock Aquila strings on my Kanile'a. May have to try the Daddario Nyltech. Would've just switched over to Fremont blacklines in time.

Top Bottom