Having problems restringing my uke. Help?

aleksxoxo

Reaction score
Having problems stringing my ukulele (it's my first time since I've been playing with the original strings) :/

I'll string it up and start winding it but once it gets really tense, that's when the knot decides to give way and shoot through the bridge! I'm getting so mad and frustrated! What could I be doing wrong? Can it just be that my knot's not big enough?

I'm doing it Aldrine's way. I have a uke with a standard head and standard bridge (only the knots on mine would be hidden under)

This is my uke:

Epiphone_Les_Paul_Uk.261.jpg

Attachments

• Epiphone_Les_Paul_Uk.261.jpg
    Epiphone_Les_Paul_Uk.261.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
I think I get what you are after here. Picture is not large enough, but you have a knot bridge...knot tucks into a little tunnel right? Probably a tarting with the a string as well.
What I do on my uke like this is double knot the c and a strings. So, when you are making the knot-wrap twice instead of once and then pull tight. Ought to hold that way

It's also called a figure 8 knot. If that still doesn't work try putting beads on the end.

I think I get what you are after here. Picture is not large enough, but you have a knot bridge...knot tucks into a little tunnel right? Probably a tarting with the a string as well.
What I do on my uke like this is double knot the c and a strings. So, when you are making the knot-wrap twice instead of once and then pull tight. Ought to hold that way
I tried this and it worked! Thanks :D
It's also called a figure 8 knot. If that still doesn't work try putting beads on the end.
Thanks! I may try this next time I have trouble :)

Top Bottom