5K on ebay

20 grand is just an utterly stupid price, you could feed an African village for 6 months for that sort of money.

I wouldn't mind giving it a couple strums to see how it sounds like....ukes in this caliber are the holy grail...

I wouldn't mind giving it a couple strums to see how it sounds like....ukes in this caliber are the holy grail...

Unfortunately, at that price it's probably going to sell (if at all) to a collector who will put it in a glass case and never touch it. :(

Unfortunately, at that price it's probably going to sell (if at all) to a collector who will put it in a glass case and never touch it. :(

If the folks who buy it are anything like the guitar collectors I know, then it'll be played and taken care of. Surprising number of collectors actually play the very high end stuff!

I agree with pakhan. I'd bet a buyer/collector would play it. They might not take it out of the house, and certainly not to open mic night at the local pub, but I bet it'll get played.

In the End... it's still just a little wood, metal, plastic and nylon, (OK, and a little Abalone or Ivory and some Bone) ...:D

Last edited:
I might be dumb, but I wouldn't pay more than 2 grand for it and I'd play the heck out of it!

Top Bottom