Nobody's Sweetheart / I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

angusdegraosta

Reaction score
SO I have seen Ben doing Nobodies Sweetheart- stupendous, but where did the arrangement come from? Did you write it and where do I get it- I gotta learn that song.

Look for the mediafire links in my first post above to get the PDF for both songs. That is Ben Mealer in the first video. Check out all his vids. The guy is awesome. I wonder what strings he's using too. I've been trying to figure out the chords to "Nobody's Sweetheart," then I found the sheet music (Google magic), made an arrangement based on that, and posted a PDF. It's such a neat song. I don't have the tabs for what Ben is doing in the intro. I'm just glad I could find this much. It's a tough song to locate the chords online.

The guy singing the Hank Williams is great too. I found a chord arrangement at http://www.theguitarguy.com/imsolone.htm that uses a Em>Gm7 shift for the "too blue to fly" part. It sounds so cool... different than the original, but haunting in a right way for the lyrics. I modified that version to fit uke. Listen to the way the guy sings it in the video - works with the chords, though the key might be a little different in his video. It's a slow waltz.

Last edited:
Thanks- totally missed the mediafire links. Off to learn that tune. I have seem most of Ben's videos and you are right- great stuff there.
Hank is another story- I am a complete Hank purist. I will give the sheets a go anyway, but I usually just revert right back to trying to play them the way he did.
He was the subject of my radio show today if you are so inclined. Threw in some real gems that aren't often played.
http://dlaurice.podomatic.com/player/web/2012-06-22T05_13_33-07_00
Thanks again-
Dave

Here I made a quick video of me strumming away
(my YouTube username is edgluhrs... my actual name is Ed,
and I'm not a goat in real life).

Last edited:
Sounds Great Ed! It is a pretty progression. Not sure if you are familiar with the old 97's- check out "Question". Same sound right there...so pretty on the Ukulele.
Glad you liked the radio bit for this week ;)

Top Bottom