PDA

View Full Version : A song a day...probably impossible

TCK
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM
But this is yesterdays. I have started to practice with the camera, mostly because I have nothing to do until August and I think it will my playing (and singing).
In any event- I have decided to learn a new song every day and as I said, I learned this little beauty, figured it came out pretty good for a warts and all recording- In The Curve- Avett Brothers
Hope y'all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L42fk3EGg98

Hippie Dribble
06-22-2012, 10:18 PM
mate this is goooood. I think this is one of my favourites of yours so far on the journey Dave. Your voice gets stronger and your playing sweeter with each clip.
:cheers:

Camsuke
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
+1 from me too Dave, as Jon said, the journey is so gooood.

TCK
06-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Thanks fellas- the video taping helps a lot, because I played that song a lot better ten minutes later (isn't that always the case?). That and I finally found some other folks to play with (all of them guitar players) so I get more time in with feedback. Thanks for watching and glad you liked the song

ukuleledaveey
06-23-2012, 10:42 AM
well done Dave:) sounds really good mate, great playing and singing, you have a great voice , how long have you been playing uke ? just out of interest. I think i am plateuxing
Loved the video as well mate all round top notch me old mucka

The Ukelites
06-23-2012, 11:57 AM
A song a day? Wow, but hey, why not? I guess you know a lot more songs than most of us. ;)
This one seems to be a perfect song for you, really lovely playing and singing here! Congrats! And keep them coming...!:drool:

TCK
06-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks so much folks...definitely in great company around here to learn, just wish you were all in the states to jam with :)
Still needs work, but I appreciate the friends I have here that will kick it around and give it a listen.
Davey- I showed Mel your duet and she said "I want to have those guys over for a beer". Pretty sure everyone is welcome! Thank you all for the inspiration.

Oh yeah- I started playing the day I first logged on here. Seems August of 2010 was it, and those first videos were ROUGH. Saw this fellow do a great old tune "When You Wore a Tulip" on Youtube and figured if he could do it, I could. Almost two years I guess. Time flies right?

ukuleledaveey
06-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Davey- I showed Mel your duet and she said "I want to have those guys over for a beer".
Many thanks mate :) and hopefully one day we can make it happen, has always been a dream of mine to see the states :) have a great weekend and enjoy holidays and keep them songs coming :)

TCK
06-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Many thanks mate :) and hopefully one day we can make it happen, has always been a dream of mine to see the states :) have a great weekend and enjoy holidays and keep them songs coming :)
Oh, I certainly will mate...I don't think I can be stopped now (sigh)

Tootler
06-25-2012, 09:33 AM
But this is yesterdays. I have started to practice with the camera, mostly because I have nothing to do until August and I think it will my playing (and singing).
In any event- I have decided to learn a new song every day and as I said, I learned this little beauty, figured it came out pretty good for a warts and all recording- In The Curve- Avett Brothers
Hope y'all enjoy it.

Go for it! A worthwhile project and I wish you every success.

Here is a link to a similar project by UK folk singer Jon Boden: A Folk Song a Day (http://www.afolksongaday.com/2010/05/). He's actually been at it for about two years now which is pretty good going.

myrnaukelele
06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
What an ambitious goal. Good luck. Doing great so far :)

TCK
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
WOW- 2 years tootler? That is insane. So far I have a week under my belt (of course not posting videos of all of them- you all will get tired of me) and I am already taxed ;) Thanks for the link and the good wishes
Hope to see it through until at least the end of August- we will see how it goes. Seasons helps because I gotta learn on quick for that.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Myrna!

23skidoo
06-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Nice job on a great tune, Dave - I dig the Avett Bros more with every song of theirs I hear. This is a great start for an interesting idea..... I tried my 'original song a week' thing last summer and made it for a few months - it was nice to have a deadline as a concrete motivation to practice and record.... good luck with it, man, looking forward to more....

Bob Bledsoe
06-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Nice Dave, well done! That camera work is cool too... A song a day is impressive! Keep going!