Songs for a wedding

BIGDB

Reaction score
So my uncle is getting married and he asked if I wanted to play so of course I said yes and at first he told me I would only be playing while people are coming in and stuff like that but I just found out I'm playing while theyre walking down the isle so kinda nervous

But wondering what songs would be good

I have jakes
Hallelujah
And
Blue roses falling

Any other song suggestions??

Thanks

hi BIGDB

just 2 cents, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to have 'Hallelujah' played at their wedding. Seems it would set a shaky atmosphere up given that it's about two adulterous relationships, not the way you'd want to begin married life surely? Anyway, whatever tunes you decide on, I hope it goes awesome for you mate. Cheers.

hi BIGDB

just 2 cents, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to have 'Hallelujah' played at their wedding. Seems it would set a shaky atmosphere up given that it's about two adulterous relationships, not the way you'd want to begin married life surely? Anyway, whatever tunes you decide on, I hope it goes awesome for you mate. Cheers.

I agree with Eugene ukulele here. The lyrics, in my opinion, not very appropriate for wedding.

Hope all goes well :)

Not Hallelujah! Just listen to the lyrics!!

How about some old time songs as there will be mixed ages

Ain't She Sweet
tonight You Belong To Me
Pennies From Heaven

I'm playing Aldrine's instrumental version of OTR for the walk down the aisle next week.

I agree with the others, not Hallelujah. It's a pretty tune but the words. Is your Uncle more of a serious or fun type? And his Bride? For some reason the old tune "Going to the chapel and I'm going to get married" keeps running through my head.

I guess I should of said I don't sing it's jake shimabukuros version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdU9Z7N_EVM

And I only do instrumental versions of songs

Even if it is an instrumental, there will likely be people who recognize it and know the words.
There are so many sweet love songs that don't make people think about adultery. Any of those would be better, really.

BTW, this is a beautiful gift you are giving your uncle and his bride.

Agreed, instrumental or not, Hallelujah is not a song for a wedding!

Top Bottom